Tuesday, 20 November 2018
Latest news
Main » Perth Schoolgirl 'Unlikely To Survive' After Electric Shock From Garden Tap

Perth Schoolgirl 'Unlikely To Survive' After Electric Shock From Garden Tap

10 March 2018

An 11-year-old girl suffered severe brain damage after being shocked by an electrified garden hose - and now there's no hope she'll ever recover, according to reports.

'It's not home, it's evil, I don't want to be here, it's traumatising, ' Lacey Harrison told media when she returned to the home. It is estimated 230 volts ran through her body.

Doctors said even though Woods can breathe on her own, she's unlikely to live - and if she did, it would be in a "vegetative state".

"Denishar suffered a catastrophic brain injury which won't bring her back to me ever, and once they take the tubes out they'll see if she can breathe, but that's all her life represents anymore", Ms Harrison said.

THIS video shows the heartbreaking moment a mum breaks down in tears as she's told her 11-year-daughter has been left brain dead after being electrocuted by a garden tap.

"Our thoughts and sympathies go out to Mrs Harrison and her family, and to all those around Denishar that have been involved in this tragic incident", Housing Minister Peter Tinley told reporters on Friday.

The family was offered short-term motel accommodation, but were instead staying with relatives.

"We will get down to the bottom of this".

Denishar is in a critical but stable condition at Princess Margaret Hospital. Source GoFundMe  Denishar Woods Appeal
Denishar is in a critical but stable condition at Princess Margaret Hospital. Source GoFundMe Denishar Woods Appeal

Denishar Woods, 10, is in a critical condition in a Perth hospital.

Lacey said she and her other six children were now scared to touch light switches or metal objects.

Her mother said about 200 people, including strangers, have visited the little girl in hospital to hold her hand and sing to her.

Denishar Woods remains on life support and doctors can't say if she'll wake up.

A GoFundMe crowdfunding campaign has so far raised more than $2000 for the family. She will never be the same again.

She has been at Princess Margaret Hospital since Saturday, when she was shocked after trying to turn off a garden tap out the front of her home.

"After hearing about this accident over the weekend, I wanted to do something to help especially being involved in the electrical industry myself", Veitch wrote on his Facebook page.

The incident at the public housing property is now being investigated by the Office of Energy Safety and the Department of Housing.

Perth Schoolgirl 'Unlikely To Survive' After Electric Shock From Garden Tap