Microsoft doesn't particularly affirm that Fortnite players will have the capacity to cross-play between Xbox One and PS4, however, it's unmistakable the fact that there will be some cross-play support for Xbox and other different platforms.
Sony has beforehand declined to empower cross-play amongst PS4 and Xbox One for both Rocket League and Minecraft, regardless of Microsoft and Nintendo both supporting it crosswise over Xbox One, PC, and Switch. Check out our list of the best free PC games.
According to a job listing on Microsoft's website, the team at Xbox is looking for a Senior Program Manager to "drive support on Xbox Live for game mods", hinting that these could be coming to the console in the future.
Currently, Steamworks on PC is the nearest we've gotten to platform-supported mod support, while Skyrim Definitive Edition and Fallout 4 also allows certain mods on Xbox One.
Reading between the lines, it's hard to look past Microsoft doing anything other than looking to launch a widespread mod support program within the near-future. "Microsoft has always been a leading voice in encouraging the adoption of cross-platform play and the potential of connecting players across PC, mobile and all consoles".
If you're playing Fortnite on iOS and Android, for example, you'll be able to play against PS4, PC, and even Mac players. The matchmaking across devices will be opt-in, and it's primarily created to allow groups of friends to play with each other, as playing from your phone against a skilled PC player won't be an experience you'll want to opt into regularly.
- Thomson Horstmann & Bryant Increased Usa Technologies (USAT) Stake By $342570; Taiwan Semiconductor
- Newfield Exploration (NFX) Issues Earnings Results, Beats Expectations By $0.11 EPS
- NY flu cases continue sharp decline, state officials say
- Stock Showing Surging Activity: Momo Inc. (MOMO)
- Three teams qualify for the playoffs at the 2018 Tim Hortons Brier
- Kabul blast: Death toll rises to 9
- Lenovo S5 With Dual Rear Cameras Launch On March 20
- Register to vote for 2019
- NanoString Technologies (NSTG) Announces Quarterly Earnings Results, Beats Estimates By $0.08 EPS
- NC State subpoenaed by Justice Department amid investigation of college basketball