Once enabled, for that day you'll be able to swap out the standard auto icon used to show your location during navigation for Mario's go-kart from the game.
This week on Twitter, Google started teasing a new event for Maps which clearly hinted at something related to Mario Kart, with the bananas from the game littering the streets of a Streetview.
When you update the Google Maps app on Android and iOS from today, you'll be able to switch the usual blue navigation arrow that marks your car's position in navigation mode into Mario from his Super Mario Kart guise.
Then you'll see a funky "Mario Time" message, and you're good to go. The promotion will kick off on March 10 and will run until March 25.
Who plans on picking up Super Mario Run for half-off?
- Kelly Clarkson Delivers New Track 'I've Loved You Since Forever'
- B'towners grace prayer meet of actress Shammi
- Valve's Gabe Newell Admits He's Very Jealous Of Nintendo
- Sultan Azlan Shah Cup: Ireland beat India to clinch 3-2 win
- Russian arms export in 2017 exceeded $15bn says Putin
- Dolphins' Landry signs franchise tag
- Nintendo serves up Mario Tennis Aces onto Switch, arriving June 22nd
- Rotich: Government never gets broke
- India to work with China based on commonalities
- The Red Hat (RHT) versus Atlassian (TEAM) Critical Contrast