The exterior styling of the 8 Series Gran Coupe is similar to that of the 8 Series Coupe.
At the rear, the Concept M8 Gran Coupe has a flowing C-pillar, a heavily sloping rear screen and a high-set boot deck that will feature on the production version of the 8-series Gran Coupe.
The German automotive producer still has to work on the cabin of the machine, though, as shown by the fact that the windows of the concept vehicle are opaque.
Sure, this is only a concept for now, but we see no reason for which the Bavarian automotive producer wouldn't expand the 8er family past the (two-door) Coupe and the Cabriolet we've spied on so many occasions. The aggressive rear bumper along with the quad exhaust tips will be implemented into the design of the performance-oriented M8 variant of the new four-door luxury coupe. The outline of the vehicle sees a long hood and a sleek, curved roofline the tapers down into the short rear deck.
New BMW Concept M8 Gran Coupe showcased at Geneva
Pricing has not been announced on the 8 Series Gran Coupe but based on how production ready the concept looks, that information will be released closer to the vehicle's launch date.
It receives a bold-looking front end featuring a prominent front bumper assembly with a trio of sizeable air ducts, a new interpretation of BMW's traditional kidney grille that is joined in the middle.
The production 8 Series Gran Coupe rides on the OKL platform featuring a mix of aluminum, magnesium, steel and carbon fiber reinforced polymer. The base engine will be a turbocharged 3.0-liter inline six-cylinder. Should the 2018 BMW 8 Series follow in the steps of its predecessor, it is likely that it might also get a V12 option.
Domagoj Dukec, Vice President of BMW M design said, "The Concept M8 Gran Coupe is created to stir things up, to polarise".
- Malfunction At Fertility Facility May Have Destroyed Thousands Of Eggs And Embryos
- Super Mario Run for iOS Sale: 50% Off Starting March 10th
- Analysts Estimates And Ratings Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS)
- IShares Short Maturity Bond ETF (NEAR) Shares Bought by Advisor Group Inc
- McLaren can go into Melbourne with confidence says Stoffel Vandoorne
- Palestinian man killed in clashes with Israeli soldiers in West Bank: medics
- Benue Cancels Mass Burial Ahead Of Buhari's Visit
- TOMB RAIDER Movie Review
- Brown Capital Management LLC Reduces Position in Nuance Communications Inc. (NUAN)
- China's February Exports Surge, Trade Surplus Widens