These doodles talk about the everyday women and their struggles, and these inspiring messages have been translated into more than 80 languages, so that women across the world can look at them and share their own stories, which is what Google was aiming for. Divided into 12 animated stories, the doodle explores the different facets and stages of a woman's life-reminiscences of home, to teenage love, and breaking the mould.
The Doodle team has also encouraged people to write and share more of their incredible stories, moments by posting it with a hashtag '#HerStoryOurStory'.
On February 28, 1909, the Socialist Party of America observed the earliest Women's Day in NY.
Today's Google Doodle is an interactive tribute to female illustrators and their stories.
The initial doodle has a "play" button in the centre.
The contributing artists included: Anna Haifisch, Chihiro Takeuchi, Estelí Meza, Francesca Sanna, Isuri, Karabo Poppy Moletsane, Kaveri Gopalakrishnan, Laerte, Philippa Rice, Saffa Khan, Tillie Walden and Tunalaya Dunn. While each artist tells a unique story, the themes are universal, reminding us of how much we often have in common. On the occasion of International Women's Day, Google wants everyone to pay attention to this day. Social Media platforms are flooded with women's day best quotes with hashtags.
With the recent scandals in Hollywood, and the World Economic Forums' Global Gender Gap Report showing that it will take 217 years to close the gender parity gap, it's more important than ever that aim for progress.
- Fast Growing Stock in Focus: UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE:UNH)
- Autodesk, Inc. (ADSK) Position Trimmed by OppenheimerFunds Inc
- China's Exports Jump 45% In February As US Trade War Looms
- Player Was Asked at NFL Combine If He Likes Men
- Smith: De Kock got personal with Warner
- First Citizens Bank & Trust Co. Purchases 712 Shares of McDonald's Co. (MCD)
- How Many Korea Electric Power Corporation (NYSE:KEP)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Barcelona Set To Give Debut To First Englishman Since Gary Lineker
- Ryanair Boss Threatens to Ground Planes in Brexit Stunt
- Royal Dutch Shell's (RDSA) "Overweight" Rating Reaffirmed at JPMorgan Chase & Co