An Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) commander stressed on Wednesday that increasing the Islamic Republic's defensive power is "unstoppable".
"Today, despite the hostilities and the measures taken by the global arrogance and enemies, [the number of] those defending the development of the defense [sector] in the country has increased, and that the government, the parliament and everyone else stand united regarding the missile issue, particularly the ground-to-ground missiles", Brigadier General Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the IRGC aerospace division, said.
Amidst efforts to rescue the Iran nuclear deal, Iran has recently declared that its missile production has increased three-fold, despite worldwide pressure setting on curtailing its military ambitions.
A senior Iranian military official said his country has tripled its missile production, amid efforts by the worldwide community to curb it.
Fars gave no further details.
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif tweeted Monday, "US & Europeans should stop pouring hundreds of billions of dollars of weapons into our region instead of questioning Iran's missiles".
France's foreign minister visited Iran on Monday on a mission to reaffirm European support for the 2015 nuclear deal that opened Iran's economy while echoing USA concerns about its missile program and role in regional conflicts.
"Preserving the nuclear accord will prove to the world that negotiation and diplomacy are the best option for solving problems", Rouhani said.
US President Donald Trump has threatened to pull out of the deal unless three European signatories help "fix" it by forcing Iran to limit its sway in the Middle East and rein in its missile program.
Iran has test-fired ballistic missiles several times in recent months.
France has ballistic missiles with ranges of more than 6,000 kilometers, which can be launched from submarines, but Le Drian said Iran was risking fresh sanctions if it did not curb its missile program, which is now limited to 2,000 kilometers.
"Despite my strong inclination, I have not yet withdrawn the United States from the Iran nuclear deal", Trump said in January, after extending the nuclear deal by 120 days.
- Dorsey & Whitney Trust CO LLC Sells 12602 Shares of General Electric (GE)
- The NextEra Energy (NEE) Raised to Buy at ValuEngine
- Champions League Last 16 Second Legs: Betting Odds & Offers
- Under Analysts Radar: New York REIT Inc (NYRT)
- We Now Know What Lies Beneath Jupiter's Clouds
- Bitcoin drops below $10000 as SEC says exchanges must be registered
- Audi e-tron prototype makes Geneva auto show appearance
- Adviser to UAE crown prince reportedly cooperating in Mueller probe
- Inc. NY Decreases Stake in Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD)
- Florida School Shooter Nikolas Cruz Indicted on 34 Counts