Barca had just two days' full rest between Sunday's battling display and last Thursday's 1-1 draw at Las Palmas.
The unbeaten Blaugrana had drawn three of their previous five league fixtures, but have restored a comfortable cushion to Atletico and are 15 points clear of Real Madrid. "The points are important for what they could mean and [also] to stop the gap being cut even more".
This match will take place on Sunday, March 4.
And he's been tipped to replace Gerard Pique at centre-back one day and forge a solid pairing with Samuel Umtiti.
The match will kick off at 3.15pm, or 4.15pm in Spain.
It will be played at the Nou Camp.
"At Atletico he has a whole team playing for him and he is very happy".
However, Barcelona will not leave themselves short of options at the back.
Thomas Partey fouled Messi 25 yards out with 25 minutes on the clock.
Atletico, knowing defeat would all but end their title hopes, came out on the attack in the second half.
At the other end, Kevin Gameiro thought he had snatched a point when he rifled home from close range but Diego Costa had been flagged offside.
What TV channel is Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid on and can I live stream it?
Atletico Madrid do have a strong away record though, having just lost just once in their last 24 league games on the road (W15 D8) - a 1-0 defeat against Espanyol in December. In La Liga this season, the duo has combined for 42 of Barcelona's 68 goals.
- British American Tobacco PLC (NYSE:BTI) Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.68
- NY Senate Republicans Block Effort to Pass More Gun Regulations
- Australia bat through 3rd day to lead SAfrica by 402 runs
- Gardaí release man arrested in connection with murder of Detective Adrian Donohoe
- Trump's Trade Adviser Says No Country Exclusions on Tariffs
- ISU goes cold as top-seeded Loyola charges to Valley title
- China allays fears on grand Belt and Road project, says don't misinterpret
- Diageo (DGE) Price Target Raised to GBX 2667 at Goldman Sachs Group
- Sells 26199 Shares of Ford Motor (F)
- The Continental Resources (CLR) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Accern Reports