After picking up stories and sticker features, the company might also add new voice and video call features similar to Snapchat (which were introduced in 2014). Namely, icons that point to voice and video calling functions.
So it seems that the company wants to remain tightlipped about this until it's ready to formally launch these features. A look at Instagram's code reveals a couple of interesting things. However, the video call feature is buried deep down in the Snapchat app, a request has to be sent to another contact for making a video call. The video and voice call icons were found lying dormant in the app and will only surface when the Facebook-owned service decides to flip the switch on these features. If this feature were to be official, Instagram will turn out to be another messaging app by Facebook.
Instagram Appeared to Be Working on Voice and Video Calling Features
TechCrunch reported files and icons labelled "Call" and "Video Call" were decompiled from the app's Android application packages (APKs), which usually contain code of soon-to-be launched features. According to a report by... Adding these voice and audio call will definitely increase the subscriber base of already existing 800 Million subscribers.
Instagram's competition has contributed to stagnation in the growth of snapchat stories sharing, but messaging remains beloved by snap's younger users.
- US Orders Qualcomm to Delay Board Meeting for Review of Broadcom Offer
- Baker Mayfield to have 'formal interview' with Bills at NFL Scouting Combine
- Jaguar I-Pace 'electric SUV' unveiled ahead of its public debut
- The 10 Fastest 40 Times At The NFL Combine
- Enbridge Inc (ENB) Director Christopher James Johnston Acquires 500 Shares
- 'BJP will win Karnataka as well'
- Kent homes without water after pipes burst
- Google is testing real-time background removal for YouTube videos
- EPL aftermath: I love Mohamed Salah's goals, says Liverpool boss Klopp
- Kenya doctor performed brain surgery on wrong patient