Do not forget to update your bookmarks.
Emergency crews at the scene where a woman's body was found on the westbound express lanes of Highway 401 at Brimley Road, in Toronto, Thursday, March 1, 2018.
"At this point a female pedestrian was observed prior to this collision, in the area", OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said.
The driver of the truck remained on the scene.
Paramedics say the woman, a 49-year-old from Scarborough, was pronounced dead at the scene at about 4:15 a.m.
Officers have spoken to several witnesses and are gathering surveillance camera footage, Schmidt said. The highway reopened around 9 a.m. Police say they do not believe foul play is involved. It isn't clear why the woman was on the highway, Schmidt said.
The OPP has closed all westbound Hwy.
The express lanes were closed for about four hours while police investigated.
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Upgraded by Zacks Investment Research to Hold
- NYC to pay Muslim women forced to remove hijabs for mugshots
- Forbes Releases "Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artists of 2018" List
- McDonald's USA Announces Happy Meal Promotional Alliance With Disney NYSE:MCD
- Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre to reopen after Israeli tax spat
- 'We've got some talented guys': Pistons' reserves have way with Bucks
- Q2 2018 EPS Estimates for Cabot Corp Raised by Analyst (CBT)
- Twenty-First Century Fox Sees Unusually Large Options Volume
- Liam Gallagher Accuses Noel's Wife Of Doing a Yoko Ono on Oasis
- Earnings Forecast Revision Scan: Ulta Beauty, Inc. (ULTA)