Bach was absolutely impervious to any and all suggestions that the Russian Federation case cast a shadow on these Winter Olympics.
"The suspension of the ROC is considered to be lifted once it is confirmed that there are no additional doping violations from the members of the OAR". "This was the key factor".
As the International Olympic Committee (IOC) were meeting to discuss Russia's possible Olympic reinstatement, CAS said in a statement that Sergeeva had tested positive in an out-of-competition test for the banned heart condition product trimetazidine two days before her race.
The source said that an A sample had tested positive and a B sample from the athlete would be tested Saturday. We offer our hand to everybody to join forces in this faith in the future. "I don't think they will allow us to be at the closing ceremony with the Russian flag", alpine skier Anastasia Silanteva said.
Earlier, Mr Bach handed off the Olympic flag to the mayor of Beijing, Chen Jining, symbolising the Winter Games' journey over the next four years from PyeongChang, South Korea, to the Chinese capital in 2022.
Krushelnitsky's case shocked the Russian athletes, who are competing at the Games as neutral athletes as punishment over allegations that the sporting powerhouse ran a systematic, state-backed doping program.
Russian bobsleigh pilot Nadezhda Sergeeva has been disqualified from the Winter Olympics after admitting to an anti-doping rule violation.
The session heard a report from Nicole Hoevertsz, who headed up an implementation group detailed to report back on the behaviour of the OAR delegation during the Games.
There will be no Russian participation at the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Games Closing Ceremony.
"The IOC will continue this Olympic dialogue, even after we extinguish the Olympic flame".
Russian Federation also complied with its financial sanctions last week by paying $15 million to pay for the IOC's two investigations into the scheme and toward future anti-doping work.
But he added: "These are cases of negligence".
"Hoevertsz said that the International Olympic Committee "[has] to draw a line and look to the future", with regards to Russian Federation. "It is never going to be business as usual in the world of sport and Russian Federation". "Many changes have been made and many changes still have to be made". During the closing, the South Korean president's office announced that a North Korean delegate had said Pyongyang is willing to hold talks with the US.
He also gave a sobering assessment about doping and cheating and the struggle to control it.
- Leicester City v Bournemouth: Bogey team Bournemouth can frustrate Foxes again
- Captain Marvel Writer Says Carol Danvers is 'A Joy to Write'
- Flood, High Wind watches issued for Haddonfeild for Friday
- 'Fools' attracted to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, warns BoE chief Mark Carney
- Sanford: FedEx needs to take stronger stand on NRA
- Court nullifies Babu Owino Embakasi East win
- Cautious India to skip Tibetan events marking 60 years of exile
- Altria Group Inc (MO) Receives $73.66 Consensus Target Price from Analysts
- DISH Network Corp (DISH) Shares Bought by Tower Research Capital LLC TRC
- Real Madrid´s Marcelo back in training ahead of PSG Champions League clash