Arsenal can't blame last night on the weather. This time City attacked down their right and some unbelievable one-touch interplay between Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne ended with Sane poking home at the back post. A lot of their fans didn't come because they are fed up. And come it did, with another 3-0 drubbing, following Sunday's identical scoreline against the same opponents. They carved open their hosts with fluid football, interchangeable passing, handsome possessional play, wonderful goals.
Aguero was looking for his 200th City goal and should have had it before half-time when his shot from De Bruyne's cut-back was placed too close to Cech. "That was the killer, basically, of the game, after that". Following the break, City took it easy, keeping Arsenal at bay with consummate ease.
However, Ederson was there to make a diving stop on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's spot-kick to deny the Gunners a foothold back into the match. All of a sudden you're giving yourself something to think about, then the mind-games start.
Arsenal is one the wealthiest sport teams in the world and they rank 6th in the Premier League.
"I'm confident we can improve because we've done it before and I have confidence in the quality of the players". Wenger should be keen to take advantage of that, investing his resources accordingly.
"If he wants to be manager, he has the talent to do it", Guardiola added.
The club had the opportunity, before Arsene Wenger signed his contract, to think about what the long term-prognosis was, and this is it: where we are now, with the very real possibility of no silverware and missing out on the top five. "I reminded them how hard the Premier League is".
No coincidence, but a damning indictment of a club now mired in mediocrity.
Arsenal, meanwhile, are now 10 points off the top four and a massive 30 points adrift of the champions-elect.
Should neither they nor United drop points between now and the Manchester derby on 7 April, they could lift the title on that day.
By contrast, City's cruise towards the title continues unabated despite again not needing to hit the heights of their displays earlier in the campaign to up the pressure on Wenger's position once more. We lost to a team that is the best in the country at the moment.
But just seven months later that optimism has given way to the harsh realities of winter and the realisation that both Conte and Wenger could be out of a job at the end of the season.
- US Bancorp (USB) Director Sells 10000 Shares of Stock
- Fast Growing Stock in Focus: General Motors Company (NYSE:GM)
- Salesforce at New 52-Week High on Q4 Earnings
- Search For Dapchi Girls Extend To Chad, Niger, Cameroon
- Offaly hit with fresh Status Orange warning for tonight
- American Airlines Group Inc. (AAL) - Investors Must See
- Arrow Electronics, Inc. (ARW) Insider Sells $119499.15 in Stock
- Brawlhalla developer Blue Mammoth acquired by Ubisoft
- Securities Analyst Recommendations: Ares Capital Corporation (ARCC), Meredith Corporation (MDP)
- Walmart (WMT) Releases Earnings Results, Misses Expectations By $0.04 EPS