The Bruins and Penguins combined for eight goals in the first 20 minutes of action, marking the first time two teams had scored that much in the opening frame since the Coyotes and Predators traded nine tallies in 2013. Nash scored again in the first period on Thursday. Jarry entered the game after Casey DeSmith allowed three goals on four shots in the first 5:27. The veteran then added two more goals in the second to complete the hat trick. On Monday, the Rangers received three players and two draft picks, including a first-rounder this year, in a trade that sent McDonagh and forward J.T. Miller to Tampa Bay, the team the Bruins are trying to catch for first place in the Atlantic Division. "The only time I saw the puck was when I dug it out of the net".
The Bruins (39-15-8) have won their past two games and are 4-2-0 in their past six. Ex-Bruin Phil Kessel scored the other goal for the Penguins, who lost their third in a row.
"These are two good-character guys". "They've been very good for us and so we're just going to have to stay with it here".
In a 4-3 overtime victory over Carolina on Tuesday, Rick Nash and Tommy Wingels each scored while playing at the Garden for the first time since the Bruins acquired them. "We felt right at home right away".
NOTES: Gionta, who made his season debut after playing in the Olympics, assisted on Boston's fourth goal in the first period for his 300th National Hockey League assist.
Evgeni Malkin was named the NHL's Second Star for the month of February.
Holden ended the night with one assist with four shots on goal, 3 hits, with a zero plus/minus. The Bruins were without Patrice Bergeron, who will miss at least two weeks with a broken bone in his foot. The 39-year-old native of Rochester, New York, has scored 289 goals in 1,006 games over 15 National Hockey League seasons.
The Pens host the New York Islanders Saturday at PPG Paints Arena.
- Michelle Obama Shades Donald Trump: I Use Twitter "Like A Grown-Up"
- Toomey defends himself against Trump's accusation that he's 'afraid' of NRA
- Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) VP John Douglas Field Sells 1000 Shares
- International Olympic Committee upholds Russian suspension from Olympics over doping
- Malaysian Tycoon's Whereabouts Unknown after Indonesia Seizes Luxury Yacht
- US President Donald Trump's gun meeting went off the rails quickly
- Manchester City loanee Eliaquim Mangala out for season, confirms Sam Allardyce
- Aly Raisman suing US Olympic Committee, USA Gymnastics over sexual abuse
- Israeli study suggests discovery of very first evidence of dark matter
- Stocks glide higher again as Treasury yields ease