He called Mayfield over because he said he preferred to sit with someone he knew, but he was conscious of giving him his space during the four-hour flight.
The truth is, I'm always going to remember what it was like being that kid who was too small to even be given a second look. If they did go this route, and choose Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield, he said he could "turn around" the Browns' franchise. They're close, they're very close. "I think they just need one guy, a quarterback to make that difference". All have tried and all have failed, assuming you don't count Derek Anderson's 2007 playoff run.
"We just talked a little bit", McVay recalled in a phone conversation on Wednesday morning.
McVay and Mayfield met during Super Bowl week in Minneapolis earlier this month.
Manziel flamed out badly with the Browns and has been a big scar on the soul of Browns fans as they hope a new front office can continue the search for the quarterback with some half-decent results. He is shorter than the prototypical quarterback, although the comp for Mayfield is probably Russell Wilson in that regard. "I think under pressure is something I thrive on". It would be a fascinating fit to see him play with the Jets, getting to deal with the NY media on a daily basis. I've always been energetic, and what I've found is that by showing my emotions, my teammates bring out their emotions as well, which can take everyone's performance to another level.
Now the question becomes whether the Browns will get the bug too.
"You can see he understands football; he's put good stuff on tape for the last handful of years", McVay said.
- The Axon Enterprise (AAXN) Stock Rating Upgraded by BidaskClub
- 46 is the Number of Victims of the Cold Weather in Europe
- Steven Madden, Ltd. (SHOO) Position Reduced by Comerica Bank
- Parkland survivor asks tourists to boycott Florida over gun laws
- Adobe Systems (ADBE) Receives Daily News Sentiment Score of 0.16
- Al-Shabaab captures town, overruns military base in Somalia
- Reese Witherspoon, Kerry Washington to Star in Little Fires Everywhere Series
- First Look at deleted scenes for Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Earning Favorable Press Coverage, Study Finds
- Bank of America (BAC) Upgraded to Buy at Vetr