On a day where Stoke City's Jack Butland made a horrendous error to grant Leicester City a point in today's earlier Premier League kick off, Duisburg's Mark Flekken has unquestionably gone one worse.
Seizing on the opportunity from the goalkeeping howler of howlers, Ingolstadt forward Stefan Kutschke nicked in and tapped the ball into the empty goal from a metre out.
Inevitably, Ingolstadt pumped a long ball towards Flekken's box that teammate Gerrit Nauber dealt with by heading the ball back to his keeper.
Do you ever just forget you're playing football? Well, it appears the Dutchman was a bit parched and had chosen to go for an ill-timed drink from his water bottle! In utter embarrassment, Flekken remains rooted to the ground at the back of his goal, mirroring a goalkeeper glitch from a video game.
However, the Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena stadium still boomed out the music for a goal, which confused Flekken, who, thinking his side had scored again, turned around to take a drink of water.
In the end, Flekken's blushes were spared somewhat, as Borys Taschy converted a penalty on 66 minutes to give Duisburg a 2-1 lead to which they held until the final whistle.
- (WCG) Stake Lifted by Swiss National Bank
- Fla. school shooting survivors to speak with NJ leaders on gun legislation
- Countdown to Mobile World Congress
- Inter go third in Italy with 2-0 win over Benevento
- Stocks within Assessment: Vonage Holdings Corporation (VG), Itau Unibanco Holding SA (ITUB)
- Toronto Dominion Bank Raises Holdings in Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS)
- Messi meets Fabregas after Chelsea vs Barcelona Champions League Match
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Sealed Air Corporation (SEE), American Tower Corporation (REIT) (AMT)
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) Lowered to "Underperform" at Raymond James Financial
- LG introduces the V30S ThinQ with AI features at MWC