On a day where Stoke City's Jack Butland made a horrendous error to grant Leicester City a point in today's earlier Premier League kick off, Duisburg's Mark Flekken has unquestionably gone one worse.
Seizing on the opportunity from the goalkeeping howler of howlers, Ingolstadt forward Stefan Kutschke nicked in and tapped the ball into the empty goal from a metre out.
Inevitably, Ingolstadt pumped a long ball towards Flekken's box that teammate Gerrit Nauber dealt with by heading the ball back to his keeper.
Do you ever just forget you're playing football? Well, it appears the Dutchman was a bit parched and had chosen to go for an ill-timed drink from his water bottle! In utter embarrassment, Flekken remains rooted to the ground at the back of his goal, mirroring a goalkeeper glitch from a video game.
However, the Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena stadium still boomed out the music for a goal, which confused Flekken, who, thinking his side had scored again, turned around to take a drink of water.
In the end, Flekken's blushes were spared somewhat, as Borys Taschy converted a penalty on 66 minutes to give Duisburg a 2-1 lead to which they held until the final whistle.
- Zoe's Kitchen Inc (ZOES) Shares Sink as Q4 Loss Widens Y2Y
- Gojowczyk reaches Delray Beach final
- Stocks To Invest: Banco Santander (Brasil) SA (BSBR), GEO Group, Inc. (GEO)
- Southwestern Energy (SWN) Lowered to "Underperform" at Raymond James Financial
- PDC Energy (PDCE) Scheduled to Post Quarterly Earnings on Monday
- Gophers swept by Penn State, Big Ten quarterfinals set
- Most wanted GNLA Chief killed in an Encounter
- France back on track after dogged win over Italy
- Ivanka's Olympics: Sports with a side of politics
- Future of the Global Electric Detonators Market - Growth, Latest Trend & Forecast 2022