A town hall Tuesday night on recent tax cuts sparked an exchange between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, a California Democrat, and a heckler who demanded to know her net worth. "That's not what this budget or tax plan is about", Pelosi said. Republican aides said the proposal, along with many others, would be considered as the spending legislation is written.
U.S. Congressional Democratic leaders suggested on Wednesday that Congress allocate $300 million dollars for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to fight Russian efforts to interfere in the November 2018 U.S. election.
Moscow has denied election meddling and Republican President Donald Trump rejects suggestions that his associates colluded with Russian Federation.
The leaders said Homeland Security, which handles cyber threats, and the Election Assistance Commission, set up to advise local elections officials on best practices, also need " new money so they can act as a backstop for cash-strapped local officials.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, called for $386 million in new federal grant money to be doled out to states and local officials to pay for them to harden their systems against hacks.
Homeland Security said previous year that 21 states had experienced initial probing of their systems from Russian hackers and a small number of networks were compromised.
"According to a press release from Not One Penny, Pelosi and Grijalva will be talking about ".the TrumpTax's disastrous impact on Arizona's working families".
- Lecturers at 4 Welsh Universities begin biggest ever strike
- Ferrari 488 Pista revealed with racing-derived V8
- Billy Graham ministries offer support in Parkland
- Trump blames Sessions for not probing Obama over election meddling
- How will 'Game of Thrones' end? Maisie Williams knows all
- Champions League: United hold Sevilla, Shakhtar sink Roma
- Kick 2: Sajid Nadiadwala confirms Jacqueline Fernandez in Salman Khan's sequel film
- Archbishop Charles Scicluna undergoes gallbladder surgery in Chile
- Six Nations digest: Jonny Sexton helps to lift Dan Biggar
- Microsoft Surface Pro With Surface Pen Launched in India: Price, Specifications, Features