The move comes as Orange posts solid revenue and EBITDA growth for the full year, with operating cash-flow growing for the first time since 2009.
Bottom-line net profit actually fell by 35 percent to 1.906 billion euros ($2.4 billion) in 2017.
The group confirmed its targets as laid out at its investor day last December, including growth in its adjusted EBITDA for 2018.
French telecommunications operator Orange SA reported Wednesday that its fiscal 2017 net income attributable to equity owners of the group plunged to EUR1.906 billion from 2016's EUR2.935 billion.
Merger talks took place past year between the former monopoly and Deutsche Telekom but fizzled out because it was not feasible to put the companies on an equal footing, a source said in January. Of this, operating income from telecom activities grew 25.5 percent.
The telecom group said revenue in France rose 0.6 percent, to 18.1 billion euros. On a comparable basis, revenues grew 1.2 percent.
Fixed services revenues rose 3.1 percent on a comparable basis to Euro 521 million in the fourth quarter thanks to a 0.5 percent year on year rise in broadband customers to 4.15 million at 31 December 2017, while ARPU rose 4.2 percent to Euro 33.1. Revenues in Africa & Middle East, meanwhile, declined 4.1 percent.
The operator saw revenues jump 1.2 percent to €41.09 billion previous year on a like-for-like basis, while EBITDA grew 2.2 percent to €12.82 billion.
The business of mobile services threw a revenue of 2.769 billion euros, 7.3% more, while turnover in broadband and fixed telephony rose 6.2% (2.41 billion euros) and mobile Equipment a 10.1% (559 million).
The group headed by Stéphane Richard, who was offered a four-year contract extension by the board on February 20, confirmed payment of a 2017 dividend of 0.65 euros per share and said it will propose a 2018 dividend of 0.7 euros. For 2018, it will propose a dividend of EUR0.70.
In France, Orange shares were trading at 13.92 euros, up 1.83 percent.
- Students and parents demand action from Trump on gun control
- Quarterly EPS Forecast Review: American Tower Corporation (REIT) (AMT)
- Parkland students turned away from meeting Florida lawmakers
- Blackmail trailer: Irrfan Khan turns blackmailer in the dark comedy
- Future of Florida Shooter's Big Trust Fund in Judge's Hands
- Women's big air medals awarded in PyeongChang
- Trump's note card for Parkland shooting discussion: 'I hear you'
- Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber attend his father's wedding in Jamaica
- Nation divided over who's to blame in latest school shooting
- Tinder vulnerability let hackers take over accounts with just a phone number