Kawhi Leonard has been bogged down with a quad injury all season long, and it doesn't look like he'll be returning to action anytime soon.
During San Antonio's practice session Wednesday, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich revealed that he would be "surprised" if Kawhi Leonard returned from his quadriceps injury this season. That's a far cry from his MVP-level 2016-17 campaign when he put up 25.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.8 steals over 74 games. No matter how good the Warriors have been or where LeBron is playing, a common thread constant in the National Basketball Association has been Gregg Popovich keeping the Spurs in title contention against all odds.
"Well we only have X number of games left in the season, and he's still not ready to go". But it's going to be a tough decision, how late do you bring somebody back?
"We've got to move on". He hasn't played since the end of January and now the Spurs are adding to the mystery of his season by sitting him down for the home stretch. "I'll be surprised if he gets back this year", Popovich said.
Popovich's warning now eliminates any potential hope to see him back on the court, making this LaMarcus Aldridge's torch to carry for the remainder of the season, as San Antonio holds on to the third spot in the playoff race in a virtual tie with the Minnesota Timberwolves.
On the plus side for Spurs fans, forward Rudy Gay, out since December 28 with a heel injury, is expected to return to the lineup Friday against the Nuggets. They return from the All-Star break on Thursday with a game at Denver.
- Lindsey Vonn wins bronze in her last Olympic downhill
- Macron proposes tighter asylum rules in major test of parliamentary majority
- Ministers must cut air pollution in dozens of cities, judge rules
- Recent Analysts Ratings Duke Realty Corporation (DRE)
- Stepmother of missing 5-year-old Wichita boy arrested
- Bill Gates awkwardly guesses how much everyday grocery items are
- Glencore reported a 44% profit growth in 2017
- More Must Be Done To Protect Children
- Florida Shooting Survivors Now At The Center Of Conspiracy Theories
- Broly & Bardock Reveal Trailers for Dragon Ball FighterZ