The New York Jets are prepared to make Kirk Cousins' bank account swell instantly.
One league source speculated the Jets could front-load the contract and offer Cousins $60 million guaranteed in the first year of the contract. "They have the coaching staff that knows him and wants him there, and the coach and the general manager need to win".
In addition to the Jets, teams like the Arizona Cardinals, Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings are all interested in the 29-year old QB.
Pro Football Talk reported expanded on the conversation when they spoke to people who believe the Jets might be willing to guarantee the entire contract. "If the Jets will do it, other suitors for Cousins may have no choice but to follow suit". There's next to no chance Gettleman even sniffs around Cousins, let alone pays him the sort of money the veteran quarterback will undoubtedly command. The Jets have the No. 6 overall pick.
As Washington's starter from 2015-2017, Cousins averaged 4,392 passing yards, 27 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 97.6 passer rating.
- Tweets By Troll Accounts During 2016 Election Leaked
- Netflix's 'Lost in Space' Reboot Gets Teaser Trailer and Premiere Date
- Internet goes insane with the Virat Kohli-Anushka Sharma Smooch Pic
- Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC Lifted Baxter International INC (BAX) Position
- US Skier Mikaela Shiffrin Drops Out Of Another Winter Olympics Event
- Teen invents device he claims can protect students during a shooting
- Two men stabbed to death as knife attacks add to grim…
- Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (CCI) - Technical observation
- Dozens of schoolgirls missing after latest Boko Haram attack in Nigeria
- Analysts Perspectives: Kinross Gold Corp (KGC)