The BSF seized ten kilograms of heroin, a China-made pistol, two magazines and 17 cartridges, a Pakistani mobile and three SIM cards.
The incident took place in the area of Border out Post (BoP) Barekke in Ferozepur sector.
A Pakistani drug smuggler was killed and 10 kg of narcotics as well as arms and ammunition seized along the Indo-Pak International Border (IB) in Punjab today, the BSF said.
"Ambush (team) located two Pakistani smugglers approaching stealthily towards the fence after crossing the IB into the Indian territory", a senior BSF officer said. "To stop their misadventure, our men retaliated with fire, resulting in the killing of one Pakistani smuggler while his accomplice managed to escape, taking advantage of the darkness and wheat crop", they said. The BSF apprehended a Pakistani national near Maharsona border outpost in Fazilka sector on Tuesday.
India has long accused Pakistan of training and arming militants and helping them infiltrate across the heavily militarized Line of Control into Jammu and Kashmir, its only Muslim majority state.
- Jefferies Group Brokers Boost Earnings Estimates for Pioneer Natural Resources (NYSE:PXD)
- Clifford Swan Investment Counsel LLC Boosts Stake in Occidental Petroleum Co. (OXY)
- Unbelievable! India's lunar mission costs less than this Hollywood blockbuster!
- Trump Motorcade Driver Fired After Secret Service Find Gun in His Bag
- Gitanjali Gems breaches lower circuit; premises searched in PNB fraud
- COLLEGE MEN'S BASKETBALL: Wisconsin works OT to top Minnesota
- Flood watch in effect for Decatur; sleet, snow possible this week
- Rathbone Brothers plc Decreases Position in Philip Morris International Inc. (PM)
- Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Given New $66.00 Price Target at Morgan Stanley
- 'Sonic The Hedgehog' Movie Set For 2019 Release