For the next two weeks, until March 6, at 2:00 p.m. MST, teams will have the ability to place either the transition tag or the almighty powerful-and more widely used-franchise tag on one player who's set to become a free agent.
That said, the idea of adding Nelson at number five overall could prompt the Broncos to put financial assets elsewhere in free agency aside from adding a quarterback like Cousins. The team is still looking for Peyton Manning's successor in Denver with the three quarterbacks they've brought in over the last few years simply not cutting it under center leaving John Elway with no choice but to keep looking for other options. During that time, he threw for 2,285 yards, 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions while completing 59 percent of his passes and registering a passer rating of 73.3. That include shopping Sieman to see what they can get for him.
As we get closer to the start of National Football League free agency, more and more names will become available as teams make roster cuts and opt out of contracts.
Brock Osweiler also returned to Denver last season, but he is set to become an unrestricted free agent.
Rapoport states that the Broncos could end up rolling with Paxton Lynch and two new quarterbacks next season.
- (BYD) Shares Bought by Penn Capital Management Co. Inc
- US Skier Mikaela Shiffrin Drops Out Of Another Winter Olympics Event
- Ramaphosa tells South Africa: get some morning exercise
- Messi finally scores against Chelsea
- Two men stabbed to death as knife attacks add to grim…
- Itau Unibanco Holding SA (ITUB), Rio Tinto plc (RIO)
- Nest's indoor security camera now has Google Assistant built in
- Jeffery has surgery on torn rotator cuff suffered in training camp
- Officer shot, killed in Prince George's County, sources confirm
- Enbridge Energy Partners, LP (EEP) Receives Consensus Rating of "Hold" from Brokerages