Premier League football club Arsenal and gulf airline Emirates have extended their contract for five more years.
Fly Emirates have been sponsoring the club since 2006, replacing O2 as the previous sponsor.
The added benefit of the renewed contract is, besides the visibility of the brand and the club, the money.
Manchester United have the Premier League's biggest shirt sponsorship agreement with Chevrolet, which makes them over £53m a year, while Chelsea's Yokohama Tyres deal is worth £40m a year. This will see Emirates branding feature on the shirts and training kit of the team, Arsenal reported.
The new deal, extended to 2024, has been described by the club as "record breaking" and is therefore set to "significantly" exceed the £30m it is now worth to Arsenal each year.
Arsenal's home will continue to be known as Emirates Stadium up to 2028, as part of an extension agreed in 2012.
"This mutual commitment is testimony to the strength and depth of our unique relationship", Arsenal's CEO Ivan Gazidis said in the statement. As part of the deal, the airline will also provide planes for the team on pre-season tours and "retain marketing rights to develop campaigns and initiatives around the world", Emirates said in a statement.
London's Arsenal has extended its partnership with the Emirates. The airline plays a significant role in our ambitions to extend our influence and following around the world.
A person familiar with the deal said it was worth more than 200 million pounds ($280 million) over five years.
"As a business, we are hugely committed to supporting sports all over the world and our relationship with Arsenal is no different".
So how does the new agreement compare to the current deals of the other 19 clubs in the Premier League?
- Arijit Singh again replaced by another singer due to Salman Khan
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) stock closes Friday with $20.90
- Indictment shows no evidence of Russian meddling
- Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX) closed its last session at $13.18
- Obscure But Elite North Korean Cyber Espionage Group's Capabilities 'Expanding'
- Gitanjali Gems breaches lower circuit; premises searched in PNB fraud
- Amit Shah launches all-out attack on Siddaramaiah government
- Hadiya: Embraced Islam, married Shafin Jahan on my own free will
- PNB Fraud | FM Arun Jaitley: Bank management, auditors at fault
- 'Nightwing' Director Chris McKay Hints At A Major Costume Detail