Iqbal strongly reacted against the United States listing on Monday, terming the measure as an insult to country's sacrifices in the war on terror.
Reacting to the U.S. motion tabled in the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) meeting being held in Paris to bring Pakistan under FATF's watchlist for allegedly financing terrorists, the Federal Minister for Interior Ahsan Iqbal on Monday said such move would be counterproductive for the war against terror.
"Any negative decision taken by FATF will indirectly help the terrorist and extremist elements as it will curtail our budget in war against terror", said the interior minister while responding a point of order raised by the PTI member Dr Shireen Mazari.
An FATF report a year ago is believed to have also highlighted that there continue to be certain "UNSCR 1267 designated entities" (terror entities) in Pakistan that receive and disperse funds without controls being applied by the competent authorities. The FATF resolution, if adopted, would place Pakistan on the watchdog's grey list of "jurisdictions with deficient anti-money laundering regimes".
The spokesperson said that India is committed to the objectives of the FATF and believes that UN Security Resolution 1267 and FATF standards pertaining to money laundering and terror financing must be implemented in letter and spirit by all nations.
Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal said enemies of Pakistan are trying to destabilize the country and its economy but their designs will not succeed.
"We bore the burden of the war on our own, the whole world is witness to our struggle for the eradication of terrorism", he said, adding, "The measure to blacklist Pakistan is part of a propaganda to economically destabilise our country".
Replying to another question Ahsan Iqbal said there was a procedure for putting names on the Exit Control List (ECL).
Ahsan Iqbal said the government put the country on the path of speedy development and started several mega projects including CPEC.
- Time to upgrade South Africa's credit rating
- Poor iPhone X Sales Prompt Samsung To Slash OLED Panel Production
- Venezuela Set To Launch The Petro, Its New Cryptocurrency
- Trump Dating site featured man with child sex conviction
- A Top South Korean Official Responsible for Regulating Cryptocurrencies Found Dead
- Country outlaws male circumcision
- Winter Olympics Predictions: Can Canada upset Russian Federation in Men's Hockey?
- Manchester United can win Champions League, declares Ashley Young
- HSBC Falls as Earnings Miss in Last Results Under Gulliver
- Measles Cases Are Skyrocketing in Europe as More Parents Shun Vaccines