After pouring almost two decades of work into one final five-minute free skate, Clarks Summit's Adam Rippon clapped his hands in a moment of celebration as he skated off the ice at Gangneung Ice Arena.
America is delighted with Olympic figure skater Adam Rippon, who serves as a beacon of Reese Witherspoon-loving, Mike Pence-rejecting, Xanax-craving, sparkly leotard-donning hope in these divisive political times.
Adam finished in 10th place at the Men's Single Free Program this Saturday.
Following the event, when asked if he would retire from the sport, Rippon said: "I think at first I need a five-minute break and a really stiff drink and then maybe, like a day or two off the ice, at least to dry out my costumes, and then we'll see".
Rippon stoked controversy ahead of the Games by criticising the choice of U.S. Vice President Mike Pence as the ceremonial head of the American delegation to the Winter Olympics. He added that Pence - who has always been seen as an adversary to LGBTQ rights - "doesn't really stand for anything I believe in", asserting that the vice president supported "gay conversion therapy".
Rippon also talks about what is future plans are after devoting his life to being a competitive figure skater.
He said, "I think I'm leaving showing the world that you can also have a big personality and be who you are in the process". To that, I say: "So what?"
But even though Rippon may be slightly disappointed, it was clear from Twitter that many people were full of pride for the athlete.
"That's exactly who I am, I have been completely honest with this whole Olympic experience".
- West Brom players allegedly steal taxi in Barcelona
- Krueger's silver ends USA speedskating medal drought
- Merkel 'curious' about May's plan for Brexit
- Airtel introduces Rs 9 prepaid pack
- People with mental illness should not touch a gun - Florida governor
- Czech Republic's Ester Ledecka takes shock super-G gold at Winter Olympics
- America got played | Indictment shows America did what Russian Federation wanted
- San Diego Padres land Eric Hosmer
- Mahindra To Invest Rs 176 Crore In Zoomcar
- TN Department Of Health Offers Free Flu Shots