It had previously been confirmed that the likes of Ellen Page, Misfits star Robert Sheehan and Game Of Thrones actor Tom Hopper would star alongside Emmy Raver-Lampman, David Castaneda, and Aidan Gallagher.
Blige will play Cha-Cha, a sadistic hit woman who time-travels to kill her targets. Even though she has a few gripes about the bureaucracy of her employers, this job is her life. She has a reputation for sadism and only cares about her partner, Hazel.
She's a pretty vicious assassin too, describing herself as a "pain artist" who has a significant passion for torture. Blige will embody the character Cha-Cha, one half of a murderous duo with no compunctions about being extra bloody and gory about their exploits. The project, adapted from the Gerard Way comic series of the same name, marks Blige's first foray into television. The family is forced to come together to solve the mystery of their father's murder. Published by Dark Horse Comics and illustrated by Gabriel Bá, The Umbrella Academy takes place in an alternate reality where the JFK assassination never occurred.
The show is produced by Universal Cable Productions, with Steve Blackman serving as executive producer and showrunner, with additional executive producers Bluegrass Television and Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg from Dark Horse Entertainment.
Blige is reteaming with Netflix after the streaming service distributed her critically-acclaimed film Mudbound.
So what is Umbrella Academy? Way is a co-executive producer. The 10-episode drama does not yet have a premiere date.
- Here's the first line-up announcement for Reading & Leeds Festival 2018
- Amazon layoffs: Hundreds of job cuts in Seattle, global offices might follow
- Deputy head of United Kingdom charity Oxfam resigns over sex scandal
- Olympian Erin Hamlin's Making History & We Are Officially Obsessed
- Square Enix dropped a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3
- Germany's SPD Turns to Former Rabble-Rouser to Sell Merkel Deal
- Rents nationwide continue to surge, hit another record high
- Sonos One and Google Home Max Sound Better Than Apple HomePod
- Tunisia package trips resume following Sousse massacre
- Sam's Club reduces membership categories, offers more free shipping