Prices at the pump have fallen, slightly, at the start of this second week in February.
While prices at the pump are down from the past week, gas still costs more than it did a year ago.
The Dearborn-based auto club says late Sunday that the average price for self-serve regular unleaded gasoline was about $2.57 per gallon.
At $2.58, the national gas price average has decreased for the first time week-over-week this year. The national average has increased 3.7 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 29.4 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago. For 78 percent of states, that meant gas prices were less expensive than the previous Monday, according to AAA. "Expect volatility at the pump as these forces collide".
"The rise in prices in MA stands in contrast with much of the country which this week is seeing stable or declining prices", said Mary Maguire, Director of Public and Legislative Affairs, in a media release. Total U.S. gasoline inventories built by 3.4 million barrels to total 245.5 million, which sits about 1.4 million above the five-year average. At $2.37, OH is selling the cheapest gas in the region and the 7th cheapest in the country. "Here in the weeks ahead, not only is the price of oil continuing to be a problem and why gas prices are high, but the seasonal maintenance work that's about to take place at California's refineries will likely limit how much gasoline they're producing". "But don't get too giddy- there are still some gray clouds on the horizon".
- Mary J. Blige Joins Netflix Series 'The Umbrella Academy'
- Nobody seems to like the update to Snapchat
- De-icing fluid shortage forces Southwest to cancel Chicago flights
- 'Parks and Recreation' Women Reunite for Galentine's Day in New Photo
- Elezioni 2018: Renzi già comincia con lo scaricabarile per la sconfitta
- Jennifer Garner Helped Her Daughters Sell Girl Scout Cookies Outside a Store
- Germany's SPD Turns to Former Rabble-Rouser to Sell Merkel Deal
- Popular 2nd grade teacher, 38, dies from flu
- The Queen Declares War on Plastic
- Sam's Club reduces membership categories, offers more free shipping