Prices at the pump have fallen, slightly, at the start of this second week in February.
While prices at the pump are down from the past week, gas still costs more than it did a year ago.
The Dearborn-based auto club says late Sunday that the average price for self-serve regular unleaded gasoline was about $2.57 per gallon.
At $2.58, the national gas price average has decreased for the first time week-over-week this year. The national average has increased 3.7 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 29.4 cents per gallon higher than this day one year ago. For 78 percent of states, that meant gas prices were less expensive than the previous Monday, according to AAA. "Expect volatility at the pump as these forces collide".
"The rise in prices in MA stands in contrast with much of the country which this week is seeing stable or declining prices", said Mary Maguire, Director of Public and Legislative Affairs, in a media release. Total U.S. gasoline inventories built by 3.4 million barrels to total 245.5 million, which sits about 1.4 million above the five-year average. At $2.37, OH is selling the cheapest gas in the region and the 7th cheapest in the country. "Here in the weeks ahead, not only is the price of oil continuing to be a problem and why gas prices are high, but the seasonal maintenance work that's about to take place at California's refineries will likely limit how much gasoline they're producing". "But don't get too giddy- there are still some gray clouds on the horizon".
- Sam's Club reduces membership categories, offers more free shipping
- Jennifer Garner Helped Her Daughters Sell Girl Scout Cookies Outside a Store
- A Pentagon budget like none before: $700 billion
- Man masturbates next to girl in bus
- Everyone Went to Ellen DeGeneres' Star-Studded 60th Birthday Party
- The Queen Declares War on Plastic
- Key executive behind Samsung Pay and Bixby joins Google
- Popular 2nd grade teacher, 38, dies from flu
- Hindu right-wing militants harass couples on Valentine's Day in India
- Travis Scott I'm a Changed Man ... Thanks to Baby Stormi's Arrival!!!