The ADR and National Election Watch (NEW) analysed these self-sworn affidavits filed by the CMs before contesting elections and found that Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu comes out on top, with declared assets worth Rs 177 crore.
Punjab CM secured the third position with assets worth over Rs 48 crore only. He's closely followed by Arunachal Pradesh CM Pema Khandu with declared assets of Rs 129 crore.
As many as 25 chief ministers, or 81 per cent, are crorepatis, with two of them having assets to the tune of over Rs 100 crore, a latest report has pointed out. Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti is the third poorest CM with total assets worth Rs 55.96 lakh.
The plan was disclosed by Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani during a meeting with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu in Amaravati on Tuesday.
The ADR report also reveals the educational status of the elected CMs, with 10 percent of the elected state heads holding the maximum qualification of being 12th pass, 39 per cent graduate, 16 per cent post graduate and 3 per cent competing their doctorate.
Meanwhile Tripura CM Manik Sarkar with just Rs. 26 lakhs proves to be a shame to the other crorepaties in the list.
The Association for Democratic Reform on Monday released its report on India's 31 Chief Ministers and the wealth held by each of them. After Fadnavis, Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan has 11 criminal cases against him, followed by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal with 10 cases against him.
Further, 26% CMs have declared serious criminal cases, including those related to murder, attempt to murder, cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property, criminal intimidation, among others.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Fadnavis tops the list with 22 criminal cases, out of which three are serious criminal cases.
Apart from financial assets, the ADR study also analyzed the number of cases registered against the respective CMs.
- Ole Miss and Andy Kennedy to part ways at season's end
- Thousands in Pakistan Attend Funeral of Prominent Rights Activists
- Rita Ora Signs On For Live Action POKEMON Movie, Joining Ryan Reynolds
- Asma Jahangir laid to rest in Lahore
- Ford and Mazda update safety warnings for 33000 truck owners
- Shine the night away
- Comcast may renew bid for 21st CF
- Duterte warns he'll order navy to fire if sea wealth taken
- Satellites show warming is accelerating sea level rise
- Chelsea Striker Alvaro Morata Declares Himself Fit for West Brom Fixture