Just before the stroke of midnight on the day of lovers, the rapidly expanding publisher has announced the acquisition of Koch Media. Deep Silver owns three development studios: Deep Silver Volition in the US, Deep Silver Fishlabs in Germany, and Deep Silver Dambuster Studios in the UK.
It's an interesting development, seeing as how the original incarnation of THQ went under over five years ago resulting in a sale of its various properties, with Deep Silver purchasing Saints Row, Metro, and Homefront (the latter from Crytek).
THQ Nordic and Koch Media will continue to exist and operate as separate entities, with no restructuring planned. Volition, and Dambuster are both working on unannounced, AAA games, the company said.
"Following less successful launches in recent years with substantial write-offs in the business area (primarily Agents of Mayhem and Homefront), Koch Media has made significant organisational changes in its management, internal steering and control, technology, as well as its selection process for development of IPs", THQ Nordic continued. With this acquisition, they also now own the partner publishing side of the Koch business and their film business in the German and Italian territories.
KitGuru Says: Deep Silver has had a rough time recently.
TechRaptor will continue to follow this breaking story as it develops. Bringing signature franchises like Saints Row back into the fold seems like a winning move.
The purchase was announced through an official press release from THQ Nordic.
Fancy some freedom? Check out the best sandbox games on PC. Would any other company be putting out de Blob and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy on current consoles?
The toy headquarters is quickly becoming a big name once again in our industry, and here's hoping that they can be an example of another road for those who think that games as a service is the only way forward in the AAA space.
- Police urge graft charges against Netanyahu; process may take months
- India's retail inflation slightly eases in January
- Reports of Russian deaths underscore dangers of Syria's war
- Obama's portrait artist painted black women decapitating white women
- Seoul seeks communication, lower military tension ahead of possible North Korea summit
- PGA golfer and Hollywood actor involved in fatal crash in California
- Nokia flogged more Android smartphones than HTC, Google and OnePlus in Q4
- Google planning to embrace the notch with the next iteration of Android
- Harry Kane on target as Tottenham Hotspur hold Juventus FC
- BMW X4 SUV-coupe revealed, India-bound