To go along with their top players making fake Twitter accounts, and constantly receiving technical fouls, just last night the Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr pulled off one of the most disrespectful, unlikable decisions in the National Basketball Association in recent memory. The Warriors did not just secure a 129-83 win over the Phoenix Suns due to their superior talent.
"It shows a lack of respect for an opponent, and maybe right now, we don't deserve respect", said Phoenix's Jared Dudley. If Booker is still sidelined by then, he'll have a full 18 days to heal before the Suns take the court again on February 23 against the L.A. Clippers. Green also stood up during the game and applauded his teammates when they made a shot. They are exhausted of my voice and I'm exhausted of my voice.
"It has been a long haul these last few years".
Across the league, players occasionally may run the huddle for a small portion of a timeout, but Kerr's decision to completely hand the reins over to players multiple times in a game was uncommon.
Reserve center JaVale McGee was tasked with running the team's preparatory film session. "As coaches, our job is to nudge players in the right direction", Kerr said. Guide them. We don't control them. I thought about a play and then I forgot the second option and had two guys in the wrong place on the board.
At this point in the season, that may not be such a bad thing as the Suns aim their focus on the 2018 NBA Draft and the lottery pick that they will surely be utilizing.
On the flip side, he could get his point across, and the players take this a chance to hold everyone accountable. It had nothing to do with me being disrespectful.
Update: The Suns eventually lost by 46, adding to their season of misery.
But the Magic didn't give up as Hezonja nailed a three-pointer with just over three minutes left in regulation to give them a two point, 98-96, lead.
"I have to coach my team".
But this move by Kerr is especially brilliant, and provides valuable takeaways for anyone leading a team. If he returns, he may start alongside Payton, giving them a couple of guys who can run the offense, and a little more potency at this end of the floor.
The Suns will not play the Warriors again until March 17 in the second of four meetings between the teams this season.
- WWE SmackDown: WWE title picture widens at Fastlane
- Palestinian girl, 17, stands trial accused of slapping, punching 2 Israeli soldiers
- Obama's portrait artist painted black women decapitating white women
- Prince Henrik Of Denmark Dies At The Age Of 83
- Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi LED TV 4 (55) make global debut
- BMW X4 SUV-coupe revealed, India-bound
- PGA golfer and Hollywood actor involved in fatal crash in California
- He Thinks Jesus Tells Him to Say Things
- Sky maintains position as main broadcaster of live Premier League football
- Credit Suisse reports third straight annual loss after U.S. tax writedowns