Android 8.1 Oreo was announced in December, 2017 and includes a number of new APIs and other improvements. Recently, the company released a beta version for Nokia 8 devices running Android 8.0 Oreo. A new update has started rolling out but it doesn't bring the awaited OS upgrade. The update comes days after Google formally released the February Android security patch for compatible Pixel and Nexus devices. As per screenshots posted by some users who have received the update, the size of the file will be roughly 1.56GB.
Nokia was once the biggest smartphone manufacturer in the world but lost its appeal when it chose to overlook Android and start making Windows-powered smartphones. The Nokia 1 is speculated to run Android Oreo (Go Edition).
Do make a note that the update is now rolling out all the Nokia 8 users and when we checked for the update on our Nokia 8 for the first time, it didn't appear. The launches will begin starting April and one by one these devices and 1-2 more devices will be launched in India. Not only is it receiving a the Android 8.1 Oreo update, but the flagship recently saw a major price cut in India that brings its price tag down to Rs 28,999 from its initial launch price of Rs 39,999.
To recall, Nokia 6 (2018) comes with a 5.5-inch full HD with a screen resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and 2.5d curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The Nokia 8 is backed by a 3,090mAh battery and supports Qualcomm's Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging. It boasts a 16MP rear camera with LED flash and an 8MP front-facing camera for selfies and video calling. You will either be prompted to download this update or you can check by going to Settings and searching system updates and then by checking for the update.
HMD Global says the phone's official launch is February 26th (via TechRadar), but Amazon's listing now says it will be released five days earlier on the 21st. Well know more about HMD's plans for the year at the upcoming tech trade show.
- US ready to talk with North Korea, Pence says
- Seoul seeks communication, lower military tension ahead of possible North Korea summit
- Should the Democratic memo on the FBI's Russian Federation investigation be released?
- Boston Police Department criticized for Black History Month tweet
- Myanmar minister orders Rohingya to leave no man's land
- Pentwater Capital Management LP Acquires New Stake in Twenty-First Century Fox Inc
- Father Of Otto Warmbier Says North Korea 'Not Really' Participating In Olympics
- Sunday Snow Totals Throughout the Chicago Space
- South Africa's ANC executives to decide on President Jacob Zuma's future
- Read the White House letter denying release of Democratic memo