The report mentions that Google has revamped Android's status bar for being compatible with phone designs inspired by Apple's iPhone X.
The iPhone X has popularized the "notch" for bezel-less smartphones. Unfortunately, given the historically fragmented nature of Android development, it's unlikely that most Android devices (unless they have the phrase "Google Pixel" in their name) on the market today will actually get Android P updates. So rather than fight it, Android P is just going to embrace it.
On May 8, Google will start this year's Google I/O developers conference, where the company will show off a variety of things, including the newest version of Android.
Bloomberg reports that Google's aim with the next Android version is to improve the overall look of the software to entice more iPhone owners to jump ship.
Several Android handset manufacturers will allegedly adopt a notch as part of their designs, even though Apple has been criticised by some for its design choice.
While there's already one notched Android phone available, along with an app that brings the iPhone X's screen deformity to your Android phone, this is no doubt a sign that more OEMs are about to follow in Apple's footsteps. Developers will reportedly be able to integrate Google Assistant into their apps.
The dramatic redesign will be a contrast this year to the iPhone's operating system, which will lack a clear outward-facing upgrade in favor of system improvements for performance and reliability, Bloomberg News has reported. The company may have also thought about integrating the search bar on the Android home screen with Assistant.
There's no saying, however, whether Fuchsia and Android P are the same; Android P will likely be released towards the end of the year, while Fuchsia might still be a long way off.
- 21st Century Fox Offers "Firewall Remedies" To Push Through Sky Deal
- Don't Talk to Kim if Nukes Are Off the Table
- Peter Rabbit is 'food bully' for throwing blackberries
- India's retail inflation slightly eases in January
- The Trump Administration Wants to Privatize the International Space Station
- South Africa's ANC executives to decide on President Jacob Zuma's future
- Sunday Snow Totals Throughout the Chicago Space
- Pentwater Capital Management LP Acquires New Stake in Twenty-First Century Fox Inc
- North Korean ski coach says it's 'honour' to compete in Winter Games
- Shoot female rebels in their vaginas: Philippine President Duterte tells soldiers