Frontier Corps in Balochistan.
It is becoming increasingly common in Quetta for militants to target security officials, along with religious minorities. However, the attackers escaped from the spot after the attack.
On January 28, a policeman was killed in Quetta's Hazarganji area in a targetted attack while on January 18, two Balochistan Constabulary officials were killed in Quetta.
Ansari said the firing occurred at around 7:45am when the morning rush is not quite there. However, experts are investigating the evidences found from the scene.
The dead bodies were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta while the security forces initiated an investigation into the incident after cordoning off the area.
The deceased officials have been identified as Aslam, Saeed, Shabbir and Amjad, Geo News reported.
Condemning the killings, Governor Mohammad Achakzai expressed condolences to the bereaved families.
Chief Minister Balochistan Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo condemned the incident and sought report from the concerned authorities regarding the incident.
"Our courageous soldiers have sacrificed their precious lives to protect the people of Balochistan".
Bizenjo reiterated the resolve to chase the enemy down wherever they are hiding and bring them to justice.
- Woman Infected by Parasitic Cattle Eye Worm
- Bill Paxton's family goes after surgeon in wrongful death suit
- Bill Polian On Frank Reich: "All The Makings Of A Great Coach"
- Facebook launches 'Lists' to personalise status update box
- Oil Weakens Further Amid Crude, Gasoline Inventory Build (USO)
- New York Giants hire Mike Shula as offensive coordinator
- Satellites show warming is accelerating sea level rise
- Bears to Battle Ravens in Corridor of Fame Sport
- 'You the Family Idiot': Powder Note Sent to Trump Jr. Home Revealed
- Duterte warns he'll order navy to fire if sea wealth taken