Frontier Corps in Balochistan.
It is becoming increasingly common in Quetta for militants to target security officials, along with religious minorities. However, the attackers escaped from the spot after the attack.
On January 28, a policeman was killed in Quetta's Hazarganji area in a targetted attack while on January 18, two Balochistan Constabulary officials were killed in Quetta.
Ansari said the firing occurred at around 7:45am when the morning rush is not quite there. However, experts are investigating the evidences found from the scene.
The dead bodies were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta while the security forces initiated an investigation into the incident after cordoning off the area.
The deceased officials have been identified as Aslam, Saeed, Shabbir and Amjad, Geo News reported.
Condemning the killings, Governor Mohammad Achakzai expressed condolences to the bereaved families.
Chief Minister Balochistan Mir Abdul Quddus Bizenjo condemned the incident and sought report from the concerned authorities regarding the incident.
"Our courageous soldiers have sacrificed their precious lives to protect the people of Balochistan".
Bizenjo reiterated the resolve to chase the enemy down wherever they are hiding and bring them to justice.
- Verizon phone locking is 2018's unwelcome return
- Germany proposes free public transport to curb pollution, avoid big fines
- Cubs sign Darvish on a 6-year deal
- Bill Polian On Frank Reich: "All The Makings Of A Great Coach"
- Saakashvili flies to Netherlands after expulsion from Ukraine to Poland
- New York Giants hire Mike Shula as offensive coordinator
- LeBron James, renewed Cavs close out the Thunder
- Shipping shakeup? Amazon launching shipping service to compete with UPS, FedEx
- Bill Paxton's family goes after surgeon in wrongful death suit
- US Senate begins rare open debate on immigration