"Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?" the president asked.
Budget director Mick Mulvaney blamed talk of an ouster on people disgruntled because they lost access to the Republican President after Mr Kelly became chief of staff last July during a White House shakeup.
Conway also noted Gillibrand has said, in retrospect, Clinton should have resigned from the presidency over his relationship with Monica Lewinsky.
"He says he's innocent, and I think you have to remember that".
In both cases, the information came to the attention of the Federal Bureau of Investigation while agents were conducting background checks on Porter and Sorensen to issue security clearances for them.
Porter was sacked after news reports late Tuesday and Wednesday in which Porter's two ex-wives made domestic violence allegations against him, with one story including a picture of one of the wives with a black eye.
For Jennifer Willoughby, one of Porter's former wives, the president's response was expected because he doesn't exactly represent "a model of kindness and forgiveness", she wrote in an op-ed for Time magazine on Sunday.
Willoughby said in her article that no one should be surprised that Trump stood up for Porter instead of believing the women who accused Porter.
The FBI denied Porter's security clearance last fall. When a friend or an ally - a man - of the president's gets in trouble with these allegations of, of abuse or sexual harassment, the president's sympathies immediately go to the man, whether it's Bill O'Reilly or Roger Ailes or Roy Moore or Rob Porter.
- United Kingdom develops tool to automatically block extremist content
- Facebook Messenger to Bring New Filters and More on Valentine's Day
- LaVar Ball Shaded By Warriors Co-Owner Peter Guber
- Amazon may be developing its own AI chips
- Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" Copyright Lawsuit Dismissed
- Jerry Seinfeld Just Gave Some Hope for a 'Seinfeld' Reboot: 'It's Possible!'
- Chelsea Striker Alvaro Morata Declares Himself Fit for West Brom Fixture
- Letter With Powdery Substance Sent to Building With Obama Office
- Shipping shakeup? Amazon launching shipping service to compete with UPS, FedEx
- Rents nationwide continue to surge, hit another record high