In Jeongseon, Marcel Hirscher's combined two-run time was 0.23 seconds faster than silver medalist Alexis Pinturault of France.
"It's actually one of the smoothest, most consistent halfpipes I've ever been in", Ferguson said.
Her story as the child of immigrants, born and raised in Southern California, has been widely shared and touted as the ultimate American dream come true.
"She was definitely a name going into the Olympics, and now she's an even bigger one", said Lindsey. But after falling on the third trick of her second run, Kim showed why she's regarded as the best in the world, flirting with a flawless score in the third run. Kim's teammate, Arielle Gold, overcame a dislocated shoulder during training to earn a bronze. She wanted to put down a run that met her expectations, she said. Her dad, mom, two sister's, an aunt and her grandma who has never seen her snowboard were all there during her Olympic run.
"This one's for grams", Kim recalled thinking, provoking a round of "Awwws" in the post-competition news conference. She was glum after the second and jubilant following the third run in which the crowd gasped at every trick.
Last night, Americans watched Chloe bring home a gold medal, her proud father looking on, as always.
Her father, Jong Jin, quit his job as an engineer over ten years ago to focus on helping his daughter hone her craft.
- Speed skater Bonnie Blair is tied with Heiden for most total gold medals in the Winter Olympics, with five. She secured her spot with a strong second run that had flawless pacing and control in the halfpipe at Phoenix Snow Park.
She got the last laugh, though.
All the same, it seems like she'll keep winning. " This is not the first time Kim has gone to social media during pressure-filled competitions as a respite". There has already been an upshot to her daughter's Olympic feat, she admitted - more Instagram followers.
"As an athlete, as a snowboarder, I want to do the best I can", the new Olympic champion told TODAY after taking out the top spot. "I can one-up myself.' The third run was for me to prove to myself if I did it, and I could go home really happy and excited". But "hangry" or not, it didn't hold Kim back.
The historic achievement is more than 90 years in the making and got kicked off way back at the very first Winter games in Chamonix, France. At the end of the day, I'm so grateful that I get to be out here and represent the U.S.in the country that my family came from.
The gold medal had been secured, the desire to eat a breakfast sandwich had been conveyed to the world, and the starburst had been completed. "Congrats to her on her #OlympicGames2018 #snowboarding #TeamUSA", another added.
- Prince Henrik Of Denmark Dies At The Age Of 83
- Trump's Massive Budget Cuts Spare the Military
- Mercedes-AMG GT four-door confirmed for Geneva reveal
- Telephone Call Stopped Imminent Israeli-Iranian War
- Aly Raisman shares powerful message in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue photos
- PGA golfer and Hollywood actor involved in fatal crash in California
- Sky maintains position as main broadcaster of live Premier League football
- Mikaela Shiffrin's Olympics Debut Blown Off Schedule For NBC, Again
- Credit Suisse reports third straight annual loss after U.S. tax writedowns
- Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi LED TV 4 (55) make global debut