"I hope Rajinikanth's color is not saffron because if it is, an alliance is unlikely", he said at the Harvard Kennedy School.
When the moderator, journalist Barkha Dutt, asked whether Rajinikanth's politics goes against his left leanings, Haasan, a self-proclaimed rationalist, said he did not lean on any side.
Kamal Haasan, who on January 17 confirmed that he would be setting up his own political party, spoke on people's right to express and his dream to create a "corruption-free Tamil Nadu" and the prospect of allying with his contemporary Rajinikanth at the Harvard University on Saturday. "If it is going to be saffron, I can't see a clear understanding (between us), unless he gives some other explanation that convinces my rational mind". The actor announced during his address as well as on his social media page that his website http://naalainamadhe.
Regarding a possible alliance with Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth has maintained that "only time will tell".
He had reacted in a similar way when the question was posed to him at the launch event of animation film "Kizhakku Africa vil Raju" based on the life of AIADMK founder MGR. "When average businessmen and politicians set mediocrity as a standard, then rubbish becomes acceptable", he said.
Reiterating similar views, Haasan had said, "Time is a good medicine for everything". If there is some commonality of thoughts and ideas between them and in the manifestos of the two political parties, an alliance may be on the cards, he said.
He has appealed to the people to support his political journey, saying, "Join hands with me to empower our country and the state".
Haasan said that both their approach and general intent might be the good of the people but he believesd "there is a certain way in which the good will have to come to the people". Jayalalithaa too served the state as the Chief Minister for several years.
- Korean unity symbolised by handshake and athletes' joint march during ceremony
- Kim Cattrall criticises 'merciless' Sarah Jessica Parker after brother's demise
- Schiff says he'll meet with Federal Bureau of Investigation about Dem memo
- Cyclone Gita heads for Tonga
- Hard talks ahead for Tillerson and Turkish officials amid Afrin operation
- 'Too Soon' To Tell If Korean Olympic Thaw Will Last: Jim Mattis
- Massive Triple Axel & Men's Singles Luge Medal For Team USA — History Made
- 'Ivanka Trump of North Korea' Captivates World's Media at Winter Olympics
- Omarosa Returns To 'Celebrity Big Brother' Following Asthma Attack
- Canadian Figure Skaters Drop Horniest Part Of Routine To Secure #1 Spot