He says two women and a man were wounded.
Police were called to Lamont Street around 10:20 p.m. responding to a report about shots being fired. "We don't know and can't explain why someone with a mental illness does what they do, and it just so happens that this person with a mental illness has weapons".
When officers arrived, someone opened fire.
FOX 2 was told the suspect does suffer from a mental illness and told police he would not go down without a fight.
Police say two gunmen are barricaded in two houses next door to each other.
We're told the gunman is a CPL holder, with seven guns registered to him.
According to Williams, the initial shooting reportedly followed an argument involving at least one of the victims, however, he said details are scant at the moment.
The first suspect, barricaded with seven weapons, is known to officers.
Williams said one of the women who was fatally shot was a neighbor, and the second was "just responding because she has a relative or a family member that she was trying to check on". Chief Arnold Williams. "Right now a lot of people may think that someone who suffers from a mental illness may not affect them but that's not the case".
". These situations always revolve around someone with a mental illness that's either untreated, or something they're responsible for self-treating which they do not treat".
- Pakistani Taliban Deputy Leader Killed in Drone Strike
- "We'll talk" to North Korea, says Mike Pence
- Priya Prakash Varrier: The internet sensation with the deadly wink!
- Sonakshi Sinha Unveils Nain Phisal Gaye
- NASA breaks record for pictures taken farthest from Earth
- 14% of all Texas deaths related to flu — CDC
- Drug war won't stop, Duterte tells ICC
- About 800 People Protesting in Seoul Against N Korea's Participation in Olympics
- Second White House aide resigns over domestic violence allegations
- Gigi Hadid Slams Critics of Her Fluctuating Weight