The military has also said that only terrorist targets are being destroyed and "utmost importance" is being put on avoiding harming civilians.
"We don't have exact evidence or documents to determine that it went down with any outside interference", Binali Yildirim told reporters in the western province of Mugla.
Ankara Two Turkish Armed Forces personnel were killed when an attack helicopter crashed in northwestern Syria's Afrin during the ongoing Operation Olive Branch on February 10, Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said, Hurryiet reports. "We might lose a helicopter, but they'll pay the price for this", he said in Istanbul.
As part of efforts to ease tension in bilateral ties and avoid a direct confrontation in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is expected to visit Ankara in the coming days, while Turkish and U.S. defense ministers are scheduled to meet in Brussels next week.
Turkey opened a new front in the multisided Syrian civil war, when it launched an air and ground offensive against YPG fighters on its southern border with Syria last month.
"We are in a war".
Mustefa Bali, spokesperson for the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces dominated by the YPG, said on Twitter that a helicopter had been hit in the Rajo area of northwest Afrin, near the Turkish border.
"The secretary's visit will emphasise U.S. support for the Lebanese people and the Lebanese Armed Forces", Nauert said. The violence has left hundreds killed and wounded as the Syrian government and its allies sought to consolidate their hold on remaining opposition-controlled areas.
In eastern Ghouta, almost 400,000 residents are trapped by a tightening government siege and violence.
He denounced "wave after wave of deadly air strikes leading to civilian casualties" in Eastern Ghouta and the opposition-controlled northwestern province of Idlib. Syrian ally Russian Federation has cast 11 vetoes on possible Security Council action on Syria since the civil war began in 2011, shielding Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's government.
- Terror bid on CRPF camp in Srinagar foiled, but trooper killed
- Performance Analysis to Overcome Risk: Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE:DPS)
- 69 defective Pratt & Whitney engines changed in 18 months, says IndiGo
- Devin Nunes' campaign has a 'news' site
- Don't mention the score: North Korean media silent on 8-0 loss
- Trump Administration Plans To Privatize International Space Station
- R Balki on Pakistan banning Pad Man: It is disturbing
- 'Too Soon' To Tell If Korean Olympic Thaw Will Last: Jim Mattis
- Australian govt sites hijacked by crypto miner
- North Korea had frank, candid talks with South's president: KCNA