"Every New Yorker has a right to a workplace free of sexual harassment, intimidation, and fear", Attorney General Schneiderman explained.
The public discussion on sexual harassment and assault sparked by the allegations against Hollywood giant Harvey Weinstein has been chosen as the Canadian Press News Story of the Year, by reporters and editors across the country.
Schneiderman's lawsuit alleges numerous instances of alleged harassment by Weinstein, including claims that multiple groups of Weinstein Company employees were responsible for facilitating Harvey's sexual encounters.
Any sale of the Weinstein company must ensure that victims would be compensated, he said.
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's lawsuit comes as Weinstein is seeking to sell his troubled studio to Maria Contreras-Sweet, a former Obama administration official, in a $500 million bid backed by billionaire Rob Burkle. The suit references the Weinstein Company's COO, but does not use Glasser's name. The entourage was known to witnesses as Weinstein's "wing women".
One employee told the company HR department that "only female executives are put in these positions with actresses with whom Weinstein has a 'personal friendship, ' which to my understanding means he has either had or wants to have sexual relations with them".
According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, Schneiderman says Harvey persistently sexually harassed female employees at TWC by personally creating a hostile work environment and demanding quid pro quo sexual favors for continued employment or career advancement.
A Weinstein attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- NBC gets almost 28M TV viewers for Olympic opening ceremony
- Sheffield United's Billy Sharp hits 200 in style
- Turkish jets resume airstrikes over Syrian Kurdish enclave
- Modi becomes first Indian PM in history to visit Palestine
- Canada's Mark McMorris wins bronze 11 months after near-death crash
- Rand Paul forces temporary United States government shutdown to give a lecture
- 5 jumbos killed on tracks in Assam
- McDonald's offers 18-karat Big Mac with Twitter contest
- Man with Sword Attacks Church in Yogyakarta, Injures Four
- Take two: Frank Reich will be Indianapolis Colts' new head coach