"The sentry at the camp noticed two suspicious persons at around 4.30 am, carrying backpacks and weapons", a CRPF spokesperson said.
The militants fled from the spot, the spokesman said, adding searches were going on in the area to track down the ultras. "He fired, forcing them to flee from the bylanes", media reports quoted a CRPF spokesperson as saying.
As of now, the building has been cordoned off.
The incident comes two days after Jaish-e-Mohammad militants attacked an Army camp in Sunjwan area of Jammu, killing six people including five soldiers. "They ran into the nearby building behind National School", said Yadav.
Sources say, security forces have been able to establish contact with the terrorists hiding in the building and CRPF personnel are carrying out search operations around the periphery of the camp. Six army personnel and six civilians were also injured. Intermittent exchange of fire was reported and the CRPF moved in more troops to ensure that the militants do not escape.
Meanwhile, combing operations have been launched at terror-hit Sunjwan ArmyCamp in Jammu.
Sheh Paul Veid, Director General of Police (DGP) of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K); wrote on twitter, "I congratulate alert CRPF sentry for averting Suicidal attack in Karan nagar Srinagar".
- Turkey bombs Kurdish city of Afrin
- Devin Nunes' campaign has a 'news' site
- EPL: How Wenger's decision will force Lacazette out of Arsenal
- Varane: Zidane key to my time with Real Madrid
- 69 defective Pratt & Whitney engines changed in 18 months, says IndiGo
- 'Too Soon' To Tell If Korean Olympic Thaw Will Last: Jim Mattis
- SA spoil Dhawan ton in Pink ODI
- BJP will form next government in Tripura: Amit Shah
- North Korean leader's sister delivers summit invitation to South Korean president
- Trump Administration Plans To Privatize International Space Station