Sorensen resignation from his post comes just a few days after staff secretary Rob Porter stepped down amid abuse allegations made against him by his two ex-wives. Porter has denied their accusations. The accusations began to become known to some in the White House when Porter's White House security clearance was delayed, seemingly resulting from the accounts of abuse from his ex-wives.
"There's a lot of good things that have been happening since the chief is there". Short described Trump as "saddened", "disturbed", and "disappointed" by the Porter situation, and he said that the president believes Porter's resignation was the right move. The president - who has also been buffeted by claims of sexual misconduct - asked: "Is there no such thing as due process?" He defended the speed at which Porter was dispatched from the White House, claiming that as soon as it was proven that Rob Porter was wrong and "not telling the truth, when the photos came out on Wednesday, he was gone nearly immediately".
The loudest among those calls is Rep. Sean Maloney, who held the same position as Porter under former President Bill Clinton.
Maloney spoke with News 12 about why he says the Porter problem affects everyone, including his constituents in the Hudson Valley.
"As chief of staff Kelly has said himself, as the president has stated, they both plan on being here for the long haul and doing it together", she added. Corey Lewandowski, Trump's former campaign manager, has been accused ofsexual assaultand was charged with battery after attacking a female reporter.
Sorensen resigned this week after being accused of domestic abuse by his ex-wife.
Short then emphasized that as soon as Chief of Staff General John Kelly learned the full extent of the allegations, Porter was off the job job within 24 hours.
"Once you see the allegations as put forth ... it was very clear that Rob resigned very swiftly and was out of the White House the very next day".
- About 800 People Protesting in Seoul Against N Korea's Participation in Olympics
- NASA breaks record for pictures taken farthest from Earth
- Women Dead, Detroit Cop Shot in Barricaded-Gunman Situation
- Turkey not willing to have dialogue with US - Turkish Deputy PM
- Four-goal hero Aguero salutes De Bruyne
- Trump predicts 'big week' for infrastructure
- Priya Prakash Varrier: The internet sensation with the deadly wink!
- Sonakshi Sinha Unveils Nain Phisal Gaye
- Senior Nats senator backs Joyce as leader
- North Korean ski coach says it's 'honour' to compete in Winter Games