"They dominated the game in all areas". The Celtics are 5-2 ATS in their last 7 Sunday games, 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 1 days rest and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games overall.
But then Boston's offense disappeared while LeBron James shook off a first-quarter injury to help the Cavs take over the game.
The 64 points the Celtics allowed in the first half were the most they've given up before halftime all season long. The Cavs could do little wrong on offense while the Celtics could do little right.
"There's no greater honor than having your jersey retired by the Boston Celtics - no greater honor", Pierce said at a press conference following the ceremony. George Hill, Cleveland's replacement at point guard for the jettisoned Isaiah Thomas, pumped in 12 points, Jordan Clarkson tallied 17 points off the bench, and Rodney Hood finished with 15. Larry Nance Jr. didn't do too bad with five points and four rebounds in 21 minutes. "It's my job to as the leader of this team to make sure that I acclimate the new four guys to be around a culture that's built around winning".
24 hours before the franchise was set to celebrate the legacy for Paul Pierce, there was a celebration dinner where Parish actually stated that Paul Pierce will go down as the best scorer the Celtics have ever seen.
The Celtics would have loved to have gotten the win, not just because they don't like to lose but because it was also Paul Pierce Day.
Robert Parish played during the second-most successful era in Boston Celtics history.
"Paul, thank you for all that you have done for the entire city", Ainge said.
- Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence charges
- Varane: Zidane key to my time with Real Madrid
- Korean unity symbolised by handshake and athletes' joint march during ceremony
- India, UAE condemn use of terrorism as state policy
- Massive Triple Axel & Men's Singles Luge Medal For Team USA — History Made
- Canadian Figure Skaters Drop Horniest Part Of Routine To Secure #1 Spot
- Canadians Parrot, McMorris take silver and bronze in Olympic slopestyle snowboarding
- Omarosa Returns To 'Celebrity Big Brother' Following Asthma Attack
- United Nations chief urges denuclearization to North Korea
- Ted Potter outplays Dustin Johnson and wins Pebble Beach