However the Akshay Kumar Starrer movie "Padman" recieved an excellent response from its audience. "They will realise how deeply empathetic it is to the culture of the Asian subcontinent where women die due to a lack of menstrual hygiene". What stupid people sitting at Censor Board!
Mehr Tarar, the Pakistani columnist who sparred on Twitter with Congress' Shashi Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar, was also not left behind.
"Censor board, ??move", she wrote on the micro-blogging site.
The neighbouring country's Federal Censor Board (FCB) has refused to give a go ahead for the release of the R Balki-directed film, which also stars Radhika Apte and Sonam Kapoor in pivotal roles. "Hopefully, the news will be confirmed soon whether Padman will be banned in Pakistan or not".
Written and helmed by R Balki and bankrolled by Twinkle Khanna under her home banner Mrs Funnybones Productions, the comedy-drama PadMan is a biopic on Arunachalam Muruganantham, who became a household name after inventing low-priced sanitary napkin making machines. The official statement even said, " Decision to grant NOC to Padman film will be based on merit and criteria of CBFC not vexatious, false and irresponsible political motives being created on various media platforms on the back of film.
The Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar's film PadMan is been successful to collect more than 35 crores from the box office in the opening weekend.
- North Korean leader offers to meet South Korean president
- Schiff says he'll meet with Federal Bureau of Investigation about Dem memo
- If Ronaldo wasn't happy at Madrid, he wouldn't be here - Marcelo
- Performance Analysis to Overcome Risk: Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE:DPS)
- Trump Signs Measure to Increase DoD Spending Over 2 Years
- Kim Yo Jong Fascinates, And Puzzles, In South Korea
- North Korea had frank, candid talks with South's president: KCNA
- Episode Count Set For Stranger Things Season Three
- 69 defective Pratt & Whitney engines changed in 18 months, says IndiGo
- 'Too Soon' To Tell If Korean Olympic Thaw Will Last: Jim Mattis