No doubt. It's not just one game.
Stuart Brennan wrote in his MEN article: "Only three things possibly stand between De Bruyne and glory this season - a dramatic loss of form, burn-out, or injury, the latter a problem with opposition players clearly targeting him". This season, however, has seen Kevin De Bruyne hit another impossible to reach level, which has led to comparisons to five-time Ballon d'Or victor Lionel Messi. "Without getting to the latter stages, you will not be nominated". "Everytime we dropped points this season, the next game we won, which is so, so important".
Manchester City have big hopes in the Champions League. "But the way he's played it's hard to find one (better) in Europe".
For City, the opportunity is there - if not to win it but at least to reach the final for the first time.
Kane seals Spurs derby win; 4 Aguero goals for leader City
The Premier League title looks all but delivered, and City could launch a strong run at the Champions League crown with De Bruyne leading the charge and Basel next on their fixture list.
With the pair ably backed by a sensational supporting cast, including Leroy Sane, David Silva, Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus, City have scored 20 more goals than the next-best attacking side, Liverpool, and amassed 16 points more than city rivals United, in second place.
Aguero's quadruple - incorporating his third hat-trick of the season - took his total for the campaign to 28 and his overall City tally to 197.
Paris Saint-Germain are looking just as much a threat as the Citizens too, and have every chance of causing an upset with Neymar, Edinson Cavani and Kylian Mbappé on song.
"I am very pleased with the way everything is going for me", De Bruyne said.
Both Manchester clubs are reportedly tracking his progress, though United could have the upper hand after Man City's business with Ryad Mahrez, which saw the Algerian hand in a transfer request on Deadline Day in January before City pulled out of the deal, unsettling the player and the team. They are the better side and this should be quite an easy game for them.
- Barclays faces trial over $3 billion Qatar loan
- Pakistani Taliban Deputy Leader Killed in Drone Strike
- Instagram is testing alerts for when someone screenshots your story
- Could Olympic Games Bring North and South Korea Together?
- Muslim Cleric Says Women Don't Have To Wear Long Robe-like Dresses
- I struggle to get Chelsea signings, says Conte
- Wolverines pick up road win at Wisconsin Sunday
- N.Korea extends invitation to South
- Iraq's reconstruction will cost $88.2 billion, planning ministry says
- Gigi Hadid Slams Critics of Her Fluctuating Weight