Unsatisfied with the proposed conditions, Viktor turned them down. It's an ethical issue, because the whole film purports that it's about black empowerment, African excellence - that's the whole concept of the story. "And at the same time they're stealing from African artists", Viktor told The New York Times.
Director Ryan Coogler worked alongside Lamar to create new music for Black Panther, and the album officially released last week to capitalize on the buzz of the film's premiere. He later adds, "Never seen a stop singe or a stop light / I wanna see what living on the top like / You wanna see what living on the top like". So, when the video was released, she was surprised to see her gold patterned style closely duplicated in a 19-second scene. Viktor was prepared to consider participating, but ultimately found the financial and artistic terms unacceptable, which ended further discussions.
The track features on the Black Panther soundtrack, and pits Kendrick against the force of nature that is SZA.
"We're in an age when no is supposed to mean no in whatever field you're in", Robinson said.
The West Coast stronghold released his Black Panther soundtrack on Friday, which he curated and produced alongside TDE CEO Anthony "Top Dawg" Tiffith. After taking over the world of rap music with a storm through his back to back success acclaimed albums (To Pimp A Butterfly and Damn) which fetched him multiple Grammy awards, Kendrick has emphatically stepped in the Black Panther soundtrack album.
In a telephone interview, Viktor said: "Why would they do this?"
- R Balki on Pakistan banning Pad Man: It is disturbing
- Aston Villa beat rivals Birmingham to boost EPL promotion push
- Devin Nunes' campaign has a 'news' site
- SA spoil Dhawan ton in Pink ODI
- Episode Count Set For Stranger Things Season Three
- Australian govt sites hijacked by crypto miner
- World War 2 bomb recovered from Thames, London City Airport shut
- OR vs. Washington State - 2/11/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- North Korea stages show of force with new missiles during parade
- Turkish troops killed in deadliest day of Kurdish offensive