"He scores against everybody, so all of the defenders who play against him must lack hunger then!" We missed opportunities on the counter-attack.
"In the second half, we should have lost the game by more than one goal at the start of the second half". Arsenal were lucky to come away with just a 1-0 defeat. "It's not right but, if it is an opportunity, we have to take it". That's where my regret is, that in the final ball we missed something.
"Yesterday it was quite stark watching them against an Arsenal team who have spent quite a lot of money in recent times and Tottenham looked such a better-balanced team with players who looked hungry and up for the challenge". You know you will not have 10 chances. "That's what the top level is about".
At the other end, Arsenal were kept at arms length, with Hector Bellerin resorting to a long shot as they failed to find space behind the Spurs back four.
"It's very poor", he said of Arsenal's away form. "I thought it (might be a foul) during the goal, but I watched it again and it was a regular goal and we can only look at ourselves on the goal". You think I need to explain why I picked one or another? Why? "Looking at that they will probably get a top-four place".
"It was a game we couldn't afford to lose", he told a news conference.
Tottenham and Arsenal go head-to-head at Wembley this lunchtime with both north London rivals looking to give their top four hopes a major boost.
"I'm not a great fan of the Europa League being a qualifier of the Champions League", Wenger said.
Harry Kane has scored six goals in six Premier League games against Arsenal, only failing to score in one those games - the reverse fixture this season. "Manchester United decided that once they were in the semi-final [last season], we are far from the semi-final". Wenger admitted that their clash with Spurs was indeed a must-win encounter and thanks to the disappointing result Gunners are left with a mountain to climb in the Premier League.
"I am not a great fan of the Europa League victor qualifying for the Champions League - I think it is not right". This is at least the third time (and probably more) that they've broken the Premier League attendance record.
- Turkish troops killed in deadliest day of Kurdish offensive
- North Korean leader offers to meet South Korean president
- Performance Analysis to Overcome Risk: Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE:DPS)
- Don't mention the score: North Korean media silent on 8-0 loss
- World War 2 bomb recovered from Thames, London City Airport shut
- Australian govt sites hijacked by crypto miner
- German Foreign Minister: Trump Support Not Necessarily Good for Israel
- Trump Administration Plans To Privatize International Space Station
- OR vs. Washington State - 2/11/18 College Basketball Pick, Odds, and Prediction
- Kendrick Lamar accused of stealing artwork for 'All The Stars' video