Football statistics website Who Scored awarded him a rating of 6.3 out of 10, only Mohamed Elneny, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Laurent Koscielny received lower ratings.
An error-strewn 3-1 defeat at struggling Swansea last Tuesday was the latest low-point of a troubled season for Arsenal.
But, besides the scoreline at the Emirates, the injection of positivity surrounding Wenger's winter acquisitions can not be understated after a year of headlines dominated by potential want-away stars on expiring contracts. "We won three trophies in a year and a half, it's not every club that does that. The Aubameyang signing says to me, 'this is a top-four signing then see you later'".
"I think it could only be in a dream that we could join another club other than Dortmund but I am very happy for that".
However, how the two players ended up at Arsenal is polarised.
"But we don't care if Arsenal are behind us, or where they are". For the latter, both club and player will appreciate reciprocal stability after recent events.
The Gabon worldwide moved to the club from Borussia Dortmund last month, and marked his impressive debut with a goal, and will be looking to add to that tally against North London rivals Tottenham this afternoon. He is a goalscorer, he scored goals in his whole career. He hadn't recovered fully from fever but managed to play well in the Everton game, but stakes will be higher in the North London Derby and Wenger believes his player will be up for the stern battle.
Wenger had said, "You do not have to understand too much, you know, what you want is that everybody focuses to win the game".
"Mourinho required a lot from the players", Mkhitaryan told SFR Sport.
"It means they have that quality".
But why did Mkhitaryan fall out of favour so quickly at United?
"And I think this was the best moment for me, because there were a few things that didn't work out in Manchester..." A lot, he was very hard.
As you can imagine, United fans on social media have spent the afternoon mocking Arsenal supporters for getting excited about Mkhitaryan too early. It was a different style of play to what Dortmund played.
- Lesbian Miami Catholic school teacher fired for marrying girlfriend
- Pence bashes North Korea's military parade, endorses Trump's parade
- Antonio Conte anxious key player may not return this season
- Trump Signs Spending Bill, Ending Brief Shutdown
- Iranian-Canadian environmentalist's death in prison raises questions
- United Nations chief urges denuclearization to North Korea
- Manchester City's Aguero goes off for four goals vs. Leicester
- Kim's Sister to Meet Moon After Cheering on Unified Korea Team
- NBC apologizes to Koreans for Japan comment
- Former Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa poised for big win in polls