She and her partner, Alexander Gamelin, finished ninth in the team event.
Figure skater Yura Min nearly endured a disastrous Olympic debut, but not for the reason you would expect.
She wrote: "Despite the wardrobe malfunction, I had an wonderful time competing in my home country!"
Just five seconds into the pair's team figure skating event, Min, who is American born, had a hook on her wardrobe come undone, putting her in an awkward spot. Without blinking an eye, the figure skater adjusted her arms to prevent the garment from slipping any further - all while continuing to nail her routine. They tell the Free Press they want to sew Min's costume together for that one.
But instead of stopping in panic after the hook of her top came undone, Min carried on with her partner Alexander Gamelin, adding slight improvisations as she went along in order to secure her top from falling all the way off. "In my head, I was thinking, 'Is it better to stop and fix it and get the deduction or keep going?'"
"I would like to thank the audience for keeping us going until the end".
Min and Gamelin are both American citizens and train in MI.
"We were skating well - you just had to keep everything, well, intact", Gamelin said. They're representing South Korea at these games as part of the host country's "special naturalization" program that has helped boost their numbers for the 2018 Games.
During her Olympics debut in PyeongChang, Min had a very unfortunate wardrobe malfunction after her costume came busting open in the back, threatening to fall right off and expose her breasts to the world.
Their points in the team event may have suffered, but Min avoided complete disaster.
- JB Hi-Fi Must Be Still Selling A Lot Of Games And Consoles
- Korean unity symbolised by handshake and athletes' joint march during ceremony
- Iranian-Canadian environmentalist's death in prison raises questions
- India, UAE condemn use of terrorism as state policy
- Right here's what the brand new Pa. congressional map may appear like
- Bradie Tennell remains consistent in Olympic debut
- Canadians Parrot, McMorris take silver and bronze in Olympic slopestyle snowboarding
- Coast residents lose power in freak storm
- Latest White House resignation has Valdosta connection
- Kim Cattrall criticises 'merciless' Sarah Jessica Parker after brother's demise