The man was in the shower when lightning struck nearby, and suffered leg pains when electrocuted, but was conscious and breathing.
Logan and Brisbane areas were most affected, with more than 55,000 homes in Logan and 32,000 homes in Brisbane losing power.
Forecaster at the Bureau of Meteorology Michael Paech said the storm had brought strong winds, but not much rainfall.
Residents at Boonah, on the Scenic Rim, posted images of hailstones the size of tennis balls and forecasters said 90km/h wind gusts were recorded at Amberley, Redcliffe, Inner Beacon, Redlands and Archerfield.
Between 20 and 40 millimetres fell across the region, with Brisbane receiving as little as 15 millimetres.
In Brisbane's CBD, hundreds of people waiting to see USA band Paramore were forced to evacuate Riverstage due to concerns over lightning, with the concert resuming about an hour later.
More than 62,000 homes and businesses across Queensland's south east remain without power, after a severe thunderstorm battered the region last night.
COAST residents are still without power following a freak storm that ripped through South-east Queensland overnight.
Ms Clinton warned motorists to be wary on the roads in the aftermath of the storm.
Forecasters said nearly identical conditions on Monday could generate more gusty thunderstorms cross the south-east from Monday afternoon, including in Brisbane and on the Gold and sunshine coasts.
"The extreme weather event also caused disruption to Brisbane and Sunshine Coast trains services due to power outages and failing radio communications".
- Right here's what the brand new Pa. congressional map may appear like
- Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence charges
- Pence, Moon discuss N. Korea's charm offensive
- NBC apologizes to Koreans for Japan comment
- Latest White House resignation has Valdosta connection
- Kim Jong Un invites S Korean president for summit
- 'Trump' And 'Kim' Thrown Out Of Opening Ceremony
- Manchester City's Aguero goes off for four goals vs. Leicester
- Harry Kane dunks on Piers Morgan and it's awesome
- The New York Attorney General's Office Is Suing The Weinstein Company