Gabrielle Daleman of Newmarket, Ont., clinched the top spot in the team figure skating competition after finishing third in the women's free skate on Monday, before teammates Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir won the ice dance segment of the event.
Canada's Sebastien Toutant jumps during the men's slopestyle qualifying at Phoenix Snow Park at the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, Feb. 10, 2018.
Although Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir still had to do their free dance in the event's final segment, Daleman's performance clinched gold because neither O.A.R. or the US could catch the Canadians once the ice dancers stepped on the ice.
Too hot for the Olympics? "And I think Canada has a great chance, and I think we're a great skating country, the choreographers, the coaches, the skaters that have come from our country are second to none, and I think it's very important for us to win this event".
Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir performed an eyebrow-raising lift during their original routine, during which Scott's face got suspiciously close to Tessa's nether region.
"I think it does say that it's a tough panel", Moir said.
The 27-year-old Chan, who had struggled with his jumps in the team event's short programme, landed the first two quads of his free skate, earning him a season's best score of 179.75 points. "But that's a good sign". "That is the joy of the Olympic Games".
"What an advantage to get these calls now", he added.
"We knew that taking the ice at an Olympic Games again meant that we needed to have a different style", Virtue told the Star. "The calls are important, but we just need to learn from them, that's the biggest thing".
"Maybe it's the Japanese genetics - but lucky for me I'm American, so I'll be the first US lady".
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Won't Blame Anyone For Manchester United Struggles
- Kim Cattrall criticises 'merciless' Sarah Jessica Parker after brother's demise
- 'Trump' And 'Kim' Thrown Out Of Opening Ceremony
- Kylie shares a cute photo of her baby girl's hand
- Omarosa Returns To 'Celebrity Big Brother' Following Asthma Attack
- Ted Potter outplays Dustin Johnson and wins Pebble Beach
- Robert Parish: Paul Pierce best offensive player in Boston Celtics history
- Kim Jong Un invites S Korean president for summit
- United Nations chief urges denuclearization to North Korea
- India, UAE condemn use of terrorism as state policy