Maia and Alex Shibutani placed second in the short dance - Team USA's highest segment finish so far in the team event.
Tennell, who won the U.S. Women's Figure Skating Championship earlier this year, was chosen to compete in the Ladies Short Program, which is slated for Sunday morning in Pyeongchang. The duo competed in the short program on Friday night, finishing in fourth place, and they will hope to put up a better score when they compete in the pairs free skate. With the four-point swing in the women's short programs, the OAR vaulted ahead of the United States to move into second, behind Canada, heading into Monday's final round (8 p.m. ET Sunday).
Married pairs team Alexa Scimeca Knierim and Chris Knierim finished fourth in the pairs' short program portion of the team event.
Consistency and Bradie Tennell have gone hand-in-hand all season, and in her Olympic debut, it was no different.
Figure skating coverage continues with the men's and women's free skate and free dance on Sunday, Feb. 11.
-Biathlon: Team USA will look to create a piece of history bringing home the first medal for the sport in the women's 7.5km sprint gold medal final, and Susan Dunklee is expected to lead the Americans (1:00 p.m., NBCSN). Their combined score earned Team USA 14 points and they stand in second place, behind Canada. (Russia, whose name is not recognized at these Winter Games, is the defending gold medalist in figure-skating's team event). Her coach of 10 years, Denise Myers, refuses to address the question, as well, but said Tennell is "a scrapper", and said she expects to see Tennell competing at the worldwide level for years to come. "We've been training so hard, and to be out on Olympic ice for the first time, we are really happy with it", Maia said following their skate.
Finishing just a point behind the Shibutanis' were reigning European silver medalists Ekaterina Bobrova and Dmitri Soloviev, who earned a 74.76 and earned 8 points for the Olympic Athletes of Russian Federation. "The performance felt great, and we felt good about what we did out there", Alex added.
- Olympics Opening Ceremony sends 'powerful message of peace'
- Lesbian Miami Catholic school teacher fired for marrying girlfriend
- Latest White House resignation has Valdosta connection
- Trump says Democratic intelligence memo is 'very political' and needs redaction
- Rand Paul forces temporary United States government shutdown to give a lecture
- Kim's Sister to Meet Moon After Cheering on Unified Korea Team
- Right here's what the brand new Pa. congressional map may appear like
- NBC gets almost 28M TV viewers for Olympic opening ceremony
- Trump Signs Spending Bill, Ending Brief Shutdown
- Iranian-Canadian environmentalist's death in prison raises questions