Amit Shah, the leader of the BJP party has begun his campaign from the notherneast state of Tripura, before the Assembly elections. The Bharatiya Janata Party is contesting 51 out of the 60 Assembly seats, and its ally Indigenous Peoples Front of Tripura will fight the remaining nine seats.
Starting his interaction with the media of the state, Amit Shah showed confidence in forming BJP government in the state after the elections in Tripura. The most important promise is that party politics will not play any role in Tripura, " BJP President Amit Shah in Agartala.
Without naming Rahul Gandhi, Mr Shah alleged that the Congress chief had put up candidates as "vote-katva" (cutting into others' votes) to help the CPI (M) government headed by chief minister Manik Sarkar to come back to power.
The ruling Left Front is in power for 25 years in Tripura. "The government of "Lal Bhai" and its cadres have looted Tripura for 25 years in the name of development..."
On Thursday, the CPM had also moved the Election Commission against BJP's alleged "corrupt practises" in Tripura, charging the saffron party of releasing a booklet on the Seventh Pay Commission scales with a photograph of Tripura governor Tathagat Roy in it. A BJP government is bound to come. "But under the 14th finance commission of the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance government, the amount rose to Rs25,396 crore", Shah told a rally at Mohanpur constituency on Sunday.
There are 12 Parliamentary Secretaries in the Manipur government and if these MLAs are disqualified it is hard to believe n whether the government will survive or not, Nara said.
Shah said he visited the state 18 times till now and were aware of the people's woes and problems.
"In the 25 years of CPIM, more than 7 lakh people are unemployed".
Touching on cultural issues, Mr Shah said the Left government celebrates birth anniversaries of Lenin and Stalin but not of Vivekananda, Tagore and a revered king of the state.
BJP president Amit Shah today said the prevailing atmosphere in Tripura shows that BJP is coming to power in the state after the election.
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean President to Pyongyang for monumental summit
- Premier League Player Accidentally Flashes Genitals To Millions Of TV Viewers
- If Ronaldo wasn't happy at Madrid, he wouldn't be here - Marcelo
- Massive Triple Axel & Men's Singles Luge Medal For Team USA — History Made
- EPL: How Wenger's decision will force Lacazette out of Arsenal
- Schiff says he'll meet with Federal Bureau of Investigation about Dem memo
- Angela Merkel insists 'painful' coalition talks have not undermined her authority
- North Korean leader's sister delivers summit invitation to South Korean president
- Kim Cattrall criticises 'merciless' Sarah Jessica Parker after brother's demise
- Kylie shares a cute photo of her baby girl's hand